Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCW putting on a wrestling show in Limerick

• 12-04-2018 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to this on the 28th of April? Been to a few CCW shows in Cork and they're great craic, handy it's a double-show too, more bang for the buck.

30657235_1715727261806164_336761535206522880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=42102b056ce23b01e44798b47f6df41a&oe=5B2B45FA
    https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F42115141%2F93760812343%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg?w=800&rect=0%2C0%2C2160%2C1080&https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F42115141%2F93760812343%2F1%2Foriginal.jpg?w=800&rect=0%2C0%2C2160%2C1080&
    Figured I'd post cause it's not often there's wrestling in Limerick. Could be something for the kids or for any of yiz looking for something more exciting to pre-drink to.

Mandatory link for tickets before someone asks https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ccw-riot-presents-limerick-city-strong-style-tickets-44126166552?aff=ehomecard

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a gang of 4 of us going anyway. I've been reading good things about CCW on the Pro-Wrestling forum recently, so it should be a good show.

I've been to a few of the OTT shows in Dolan's and in the National Stadium, so I'm looking forward to seeing another Irish company in CCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭ThePott

There's a gang of 4 of us going anyway. I've been reading good things about CCW on the Pro-Wrestling forum recently, so it should be a good show.

I've been to a few of the OTT shows in Dolan's and in the National Stadium, so I'm looking forward to seeing another Irish company in CCW.

Nice, I've been to OTT shows before. Crowd for CCW is normally a bit more intense and the matches are a bit scrappier.

Should be a good night alright, If you bought tickets for the 18's show you can go to the matinee show for free as well which is solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Question, is this a real fight night with real winners of something up for grabs or is this a theatre performance?

Question, is this a real fight night with real winners of something up for grabs or is this a theatre performance?

It's professional wrestling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

ThePott wrote: »

[Jaxxx grabs the popcorn]

:D:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, whatever your attitude to wrestling is and whether it's the WWE or another promotion, you have to give the wrestlers the respect they deserve for the physical toll it takes on their bodies particularly the injuries they can sustain, all in the name of entertainment. It's a tough business. I must admit though that this is the first time I've actually heard of CCW.

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »
    [Jaxxx grabs the popcorn]

:D:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, whatever your attitude to wrestling is and whether it's the WWE or another promotion, you have to give the wrestlers the respect they deserve for the physical toll it takes on their bodies particularly the injuries they can sustain, all in the name of entertainment. It's a tough business. I must admit though that this is the first time I've actually heard of CCW.

For sure, they definitely put it all out there. People might not appreciate it but it's certainly respect worthy.

CCW are normally Cork based, although I believe they've been in Limerick before. They've had some pretty big names as far as wrestling goes; Sabu, Will Ospreay and Jimmy Havoc for example. They put on good stuff from the shows I've been to, probably a bit more hardcore than OTT but definitely good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Genuinely, are there belts up for grabs? Is this a bunch of real fights?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

The match card hasn't been posted but I think it's a safe bet to say that some of the titles will be on the line.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Family Friendly and 18+?

I think anyone looking at the poster will know you're getting more of a show, rather than some mad max style thunderdome.

EditL See it now. Two shows. Now I want to know what happens in the second show!

It's a wrestling show, according to someone I know there most likely will be some title matches, card is apparently going up soon.

On the poster the tag-team, women's and the all-star champion are shown so any of them could defend.

There's no current champion at CCW though as it was vacated due to injury.

• Advertisement

Hey for anyone interested in this, they're doing 30 percent off tickets right now with the code ''Limerickstrongstyle''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just saw that Jim Ross is coming to Dolans

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

It's a wrestling show, according to someone I know there most likely will be some title matches, card is apparently going up soon.

On the poster the tag-team, women's and the all-star champion are shown so any of them could defend.

There's no current champion at CCW though as it was vacated due to injury.

:D

Treepole wrote: »
    :D

:confused:

Card announced
    31394572_1731827033529520_5479335859658424320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c3a5e307f99127c869e8a5aea69923b5&oe=5B4E84023b5&oe=5B4E8402

Some good matches there alright, Bruiser and Lycan will be some rough fun.

Actually say Viper and Justy wrestle last week and it was a hilarious and really entertaining match. For the title too.

Tag matches should be solid too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Not surprised a Justy match was hilarious. He is pure gold. Missing him from OTT I loved that guy.

Been to a CCW show in Dolans before its what you expect from a small promotion and I enjoyed it. Have nothing but respect for these guys who get in the ring. Braver than me.

Advertisement