Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newly qualified primary teacher salary?

• 12-04-2018 7:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

What is the exact starting salary for a newly qualified primary teacher? Tryed to look online but not really getting anything , all figures are different on different sites.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How come those who started teaching after 2011 start off on more than those who qualified prior to 2011? I thought it was the opposite way around? Or does it work out this way when bonuses are included?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Merak

bonuses :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

How come those who started teaching after 2011 start off on more than those who qualified prior to 2011? I thought it was the opposite way around? Or does it work out this way when bonuses are included?
    Pre-2011 entrant would have started at a higher point than point one on the scale. Bonuses, I wish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The only bonus in teaching is when someone brings a packet of biscuits into the staffroom.
    Or a cake!!! All your birthdays have come at once when you walk in the door and there's a cake sitting on the table.

• Advertisement
Advertisement