Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoes off.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

JayZeus wrote: »
    I agree. I've seen some people reject a question such as the one you posed as nonsense or a ridiculous suggestion. I see it as a perfectly reasonable possibility when one encounters someone who may exhibit some atypical behaviour in social interaction.

In my case, I'm just a grump with very little interest in toeing the line when other people expect certain things from me. Just like you, I'm perfectly comfortable accepting that this is who I am and neither of us need apologise to anyone for the difficulty they have understanding or accepting that.

Pretty sure you don't get any guests anyway, if you do then you're lying, but you're only lying to yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

For us it's no for guests, unless its children friends of my little twin sisters and they've been playing outside in the park or swing park.

It's the same with me and my sisters. If we have been out at the swing park or outside playing on a field then we have to take our shoes off at tge front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I love the way 'pretentious' is still being thrown around. You lads should try to understand these 'big words' before you use them. :rolleyes:

As or Quackster/Iamwhoiam's repeated questions, which have already been answered, I'll summarise:

From my perspective, I don't care if people think I should give advance notice or not. We have warm floors throughout and rugs by couches and armchairs for a little extra comfort underfoot when sitting around, there are a couple of chairs by the front door with a shoe horn available etc. There's nothing else I need do for any casual caller or guests. It's up to each of them to keep their feet clean and to wear socks that won't cause them embarassment. And in all honesty, genuinely, if they've a problem with that they can just go. A bit of chat here about it is one thing, but when it comes down to it in real life, it's not open for negotiation or discussion. Same goes for someone who wants to bring their pet dog inside. Not happening.

If you decide on 'no shoes' in your homes and want to send advance notice by SMS, provide slippers or crocs for guest use, have at it. I don't and won't.

As for the ridiculous question about what I'd do if someone arrived in a wheelchair.. Scraping the bottom of the barrel now, aren't you? :rolleyes: Of course that would be fine. A guide-dog would similarly not present a problem. But your shoes and your pets go no further than the front door.

It’s not really a ridiculous question. Wheelchair wheels will introduce the same type of dirt as shoe soles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'm not, but I wouldn't find anything objectionable about the question so thanks for asking it. :)

Feel free to label me self-centred and selfish. There was a time when I would invest the time and energy required to accommodate other peoples preferences to the best of my abilities, no matter how petty or inconsequential I considered them to be. The fact is that this often requires compromising on my own comfort and I just couldn't be bothered with it any more. My home is easier to maintain when people (us included) don't wear outdoor footwear, indoors. I'm happy with that, so that's how it's going to be.

When it comes to actual important matters, I'm happy be open to what someone else needs and do what I can to accommodate that wherever I can, at the expense of my own comfort, time and expense or whatever.

But when it comes to minor matters such as taking off your shoes when you come in to my home, I just decide what's the best rule to apply for social callers and that's the end of that. Shoes off at the door. Clear, simple, no need to give it a second thought or entertain a discussion about it. The only times an exception is made is when I make it, because of a practical constraint or reasonable requirement, such as safety boots, wheelchairs (hypothetical) etc. In such cases, well, there's not much of a choice to make either way.

Right now, nobody with physical disabilities or injuries that would create a problem for them visit us, and we're not having any work done, so the only people who'll be coming past the door are family or friends coming for a social visit. They can all take off their shoes, and in reality they do and they don't complain. I don't know if it bothers them or not, but they know (as you might have realised by now) that raising any objections is a waste of everyones time. It's not negotiable and until something changes and someone needs an exception to be made for a valid reason (hurt feelings or perceived social discomfort don't meet that standard for me), everyone will be required to do the same.

It's quite possible I'm just a selfish bastard who doesn't care enough to think about what other people think is acceptable. It's quite likely in this case. It also really doesn't matter because I'm okay with things being how they are and there's no reason to change it.
    I feel sad really reading this .I hope my husband and family would give me a good talking to the day hurt feelings are less important to me than a dirty floor

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I feel sad really reading this .I hope my husband and family would give me a good talking to the day hurt feelings are less important to me than a dirty floor

I hope he’d tell you to get over yourself if you thought being required to take off your shoes in someone elses home was something to be upset about.

I hope he’d tell you to get over yourself if you thought being required to take off your shoes in someone elses home was something to be upset about.

You see Jay I think we are all being wound up and watched go so nothing you say even registers with me as real !! But I could be wrong and if I am I find it sad to read .Because obviously you have not read any of my post that stated I am quite happy taking of my shoes in houses that are prepared for that event.

You see Jay I think we are all being wound up and watched go so nothing you say even registers with me as real !!

Well, your difficulty in understanding that some people (I’m not alone) don’t actually care if you’re bothered by a no shoes rule is just one more of those things that don’t matter to me and I’ve given that context. You take your shoes off here or you can leave. I won’t follow you down the driveway asking you to reconsider and come back. If you have a problem with our house rules you’re free to leave the same way you came. I won’t feel bad about it and I won’t change my mind just because you’d get your knickers in a twist for whatever silly reason you have to think you’re entitled to wear shoes in our home when we don’t. Seriously, off you go.

Well, your difficulty in understanding that some people (I’m not alone) don’t actually care if you’re bothered by a no shoes rule. I’m giving context. You take your shoes off here or you can leave. I won’t follow you down the driveway asking you to reconsider and come back. If you have a problem with our house rules you’re free to leave the same way you came. I won’t feel bad about it and I won’t change my mind just because you’d get your knickers in a twist for whatever silly reason you have to think you’re entitled to wear shoes in our home when we don’t. Seriously, off you go.

LOL LOL Jay , I wouldnt be coming in the first place .:pac:

LOL LOL Jay , I wouldnt be coming in the first place .:pac:

On that we can certainly agree.

• Advertisement

On that we can certainly agree.

We sure can !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Since I started doing Airbnb I have a shoes off policy. This applies to all guests, I had a little note asking to take shoes off if they were muddy, or dirty, then I heard a bunch of excuses, then had to mop the floor after the guests came in, or deal with a complaint that the floor was dirty. 99% of guests are perfectly ok with it, I have it in my listing, to wear slippers, or indoor non marking shoes, I have had to change it to footwear, as I had a solicitor was staying here and tried a play on words saying she was wearing 'sandals' so it didnt apply, after a few words, I said I'd pass it on to airbnb, so I did, Airbnb rang her, told her I was clear in my description, if she was not happy with it, she could leave but would not get a refund, it got so heated, I just had to ask her to leave.-*I've hosted over 400 different groups, she was one of 4 that had a problem.

I have a dog, I dry his paws when he comes in, he sheds hair, I run a swiffer mop over the floors once a day. The kitchen floors are high gloss, footprints from even damp shoes are ugly and obvious on it. If my mates come over, I tell them that I have guests, they understand, I cant let them keep their shoes on and not the guests, never a problem, but having said that, most of my friends would be open minded and well traveled, so they do not take things like that personally, I would not be their only friend to take off shoes, for one reason or another.

When I met my girlfriend, she did not want to do it, I explained why I asked people do it, she understood, but she refused, so I handed her a mop and said every time you mark the floor, please clean it-the next day she could see why I ask people to do it :D . now she has 2 pairs of warm wool slippers and loves to come here and be cosy in the slippers and the clean house.

If someone takes offence to me because I ask them to remove their shoes (a common practice in many places), then I am afraid they are not going to be my friends, they would be in for a shock and much more offended as our friendship progressed. I respect them and their beliefs and house rules, no matter how odd they may seem to me, but if it's not personal, I take absolutely no notice of it, I'm definitely not going to judge them for it.

BTW when I worked as a carpenter in New York, we always had to carry overshoes, we put these on when entering any house, to prevent dirtying or damaging floors, if it were to be a plumber, he's not stepping into my shower or tub for sure, with boots or regular shoes on, Ive seen many showerpans damaged from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Sitting in my bedroom on Sunday morning, husband arrives home after visiting a relative. While changing his shoes in the bedroom he became aware of something on his shoe. You can imagine...

I now have a no shoes policy

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

How did ye rack up 69 pages about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

vargoo wrote:
    How did ye rack up 69 pages about this?

Several threads merged I think & one poster winding up everyone getting a rise out of them/us

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Several threads merged I think & one poster winding up everyone getting a rise out of them/us

Yeah, I'm resolute so I'm winding everyone up to get a rise out of ye, is that it now? Now you might not understand this, but you can argue your viewpoint with me and not change my mind. It's an argument that can't be won either way, but after all the attempts you've made, I'd be happy to accept your dismissal of my viewpoint as being a wind up is effectively you resigning to the fact that you're done arguing.

At this stage, that's a good thing. Even based on the response to the poll on this thread, I'm one of the roughly 1 in 6 who don't permit wearing of shoes in their home. I think that whether you find my position rude, disrespectful or otherwise, it's kind of irrelevant. To come back to the point I made that you and others argued with now for a couple of days, my house, my rules. To be blunt, shoes off or **** off, so to speak. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

juneg wrote: »
    Sitting in my bedroom on Sunday morning, husband arrives home after visiting a relative. While changing his shoes in the bedroom he became aware of something on his shoe. You can imagine...

I now have a no shoes policy
    One incident caused a no shoes policy?

Wrong, more your reluctance (and others) to accept said poster making clear in unambiguous terms what is a simple demand on entering his home.

Wrong, more your reluctance (and others) to accept said poster making clear in unambiguous terms what is a simple demand on entering his home.

Here's the thing, I don't believe for a second that someone will be so rude, thoughtless & disrespectful to their family & friends. I'm autistic & empathy doesn't come naturally to me. All my life I have gone out of my way to learn & practice this. There is nothing you can say to convince me that someone would dump empathy so willingly Someone deliberately showing zero respect to their family & friends? I don't buy it.

This has nothing with a shoes off policy. I've no issue with it. My house, my rules. It's the claim that they deliberately wouldn't tell first time visitors about the no shoes rule till they get there.I don't buy it & it's not real imo. Such a person would have no friends to invite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I have a no shoes policy in my living room and upstairs. We have tiles in the hall and kitchen so shoes are fine there, but in the living room, on the stairs and in the bedrooms we have cream carpet. It seems crazy to me to walk on carpet in shoes, that's why you buy carpet, to have a warm and cosy floor, so why would you walk dirt all over it (I also tend to sit on the floor rather than on the sofa so I want to be sitting somewhere clean and comfy.
    I have spare slippers in a couple of sizes I keep for guests (they get washed after use too), most people are fine about it, some think it's odd when I first tell them to take off their shoes but most of my friends and family actually like it no because it makes them feel more at home in my home. When going to other peoples houses, if they're not no shoe houses I keep my shoes on but it does feel odd, especially if I'm going to be there for a while, having my shoes on makes me feel like I should be heading for the door.
    I would expect tradesmen to put those plastic overshoes on.

No , actually people have no issue with the " no shoes " policy but were trying to make the point that letting people know ahead of arriving and having an alternative in place is the polite thing to do . If I am told that my friends get new carpets and would love if people could take off shoes then I am prepared with a clean pair of flip flops or slippers or a pair of fluffy socks with anti slip strips . Its just a little empathy and understanding that's needed . Having a " no shoes " rule is not the issue its the dismissal of others that is .Its just manners and a little empathy and thinking of your guests needs .For example I was staying with family in Canada who made sure I had a pair of comfortable indoor shoes with me as it's norm there to take off shoes indoors .It was just kindness and thinking of my needs

• Advertisement

Here's the thing, I don't believe for a second that someone will be so rude, thoughtless & disrespectful to their family & friends. I'm autistic & empathy doesn't come naturally to me. All my life I have gone out of my way to learn & practice this. There is nothing you can say to convince me that someone would dump empathy so willingly Someone deliberately showing zero respect to their family & friends? I don't buy it.

This has nothing with a shoes off policy. I've no issue with it. My house, my rules. It's the claim that they deliberately wouldn't tell first time visitors about the no shoes rule till they get there.I don't buy it & it's not real imo. Such a person would have no friends to invite

Oh, it’s 100% real. I don’t concern myself with whatever petty complaints someone could have about me not letting them wear their shoes in my house. You take them off at the door and get on with things. It’s really is simple and doesn’t qualify as something that requires the consideration of advance notice.

Really now, I can’t be any clearer about this. We’re talking about taking your shoes off, so stop making such a big deal out of it FFS.

I accept you might have to work at the empathy stuff. I don’t. It’s there when a situation calls for it. Shoes? That’s not really one of those situations. If someone is that triggered by having to take their shoes off, I’m not going to have time for them anyway, so probably better that they just bugger off there and then.

I accept some people might have trouble understanding and accepting this, but I’m not changing how I approach things like this just because some stranger on boards has a hang-up over how rude they think I am to guests. Pffft. I really, truly, do not care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Oh, it’s 100% real. I don’t concern myself with whatever petty complaints someone could have about me not letting them wear their shoes in my house. You take them off at the door and get on with things. It’s really is simple and doesn’t qualify as something that requires the consideration of advance notice.

Really now, I can’t be any clearer about this. We’re talking about taking your shoes off, so stop making such a big deal out of it FFS.

I accept you might have to work at the empathy stuff. I don’t. It’s there when a situation calls for it. Shoes? That’s not really one of those situations. If someone is that triggered by having to take their shoes off, I’m not going to have time for them anyway, so probably better that they just bugger off there and then.

I accept some people might have trouble understanding and accepting this, but I’m not changing how I approach things like this just because some stranger on boards has a hang-up over how rude they think I am to guests. Pffft. I really, truly, do not care.

I mite go this route myself, its a quick route to less visitors and a more peaceful home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Not really, though I do take my own shoes off straight away when I get in.

Strangely, for me it feels odd to have no shoes on when I have people in the house. I often put shoes on (like slip on Vans or something light) when people are over.

Something about padding around in my socks when there's guests over doesn't sit right with me.

....... wrote: »
    I mite go this route myself, its a quick route to less visitors and a more peaceful home!

If someone finds it objectionable to remove their shoes at the door, It’s better that they not visit my home anyway.

In real life, it’s not the problem some people here would like to imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I've no problem with people wearing shoes in my house downstairs as it's wood floor/tiles so easy enough to clean. However my nieces came in to use the toilets after a walk over Christmas and one of them ran upstairs to use the one up there in mad mucky boots. Her mother only copped when she was halfway up and said "oh maybe take off your shoes". Damage done at that point. It's new carpets and light enough in colour so was a fair bit of cleaning required by me afterwards (wasn't dried muck but wet). I'd just like if people were considerate of others homes as not the first time something like that has happened.

If someone finds it objectionable to remove their shoes at the door, It’s better that they not visit my home anyway.

In real life, it’s not the problem some people here would like to imagine.

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%!

I would not go into the home of someone who unexpectedly doorstepped me with a request to remove my footwear and Id be only too happy not to!

I simply cannot imagine that I would get along with someone who behaved this way - so yes, it would be far far better that I didnt visit their home!

I always prefer when people show themselves to me in an honest light - who doesnt!

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%!

I would not go into the home of someone who unexpectedly doorstepped me with a request to remove my footwear and Id be only too happy not to!

I simply cannot imagine that I would get along with someone who behaved this way - so yes, it would be far far better that I didnt visit their home!

I always prefer when people show themselves to me in an honest light - who doesnt!

I’d be glad to see you turn around and walk away if that’s the way you’d take it. Jog on.

I’d be glad to see you turn around and walk away if that’s the way you’d take it. Jog on.

What a wonderful world we live in where both of us are free to make our own decisions!

The way I was brought up, the guest always comes first. They are taking time out to come see you!

Give the house a good scrub.
    Let them wear whatever they want
    Show them around
    Offer them a hot or cold beverage
    Put the pets away if they are not pet friendly

Enforcing any kind of policy on arrival would make guests uncomfortable, even if they didn't specifically mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

The way I was brought up, the guest always comes first. They are taking time out to come see you!

Give the house a good scrub.
    Let them wear whatever they want
    Show them around
    Offer them a hot or cold beverage
    Put the pets away if they are not pet friendly

Enforcing any kind of policy on arrival would make guests uncomfortable, even if they didn't specifically mention it.

Would you let them smoke in your house, if you weren't a smoker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's the claim that they deliberately wouldn't tell first time visitors about the no shoes rule till they get there.I don't buy it & it's not real imo. Such a person would have no friends to invite
    Uh, Wut?

You'd expect someone to notify visitors in advance that they'd have to take their shoes off?

That's oddly specific, and not something I reckon anyone would think of.

As above, would you expect that someone outline the smoking policy in their house too?

If I arrived at someone's house and they said, "Would you mind taking your shoes off?", I'd respond, "Oh, yeah, sure, no problem".

Most people when they arrive at my house and see us all walking around with no shoes on, either offer to take their off, or apologise and give their feet an extra wipe.

I was a smoker for years so I'd feel their pain :D

Smoking should be at the back door or with a window open.

As an ex smoker though, its very understandable that people wouldn't want you smoking indoors.

Yes. I have done. Confined it to one room and opened the window and aired it out after they left.

Twas my hubbys granny. I was not gonna ask an 80+ year old to walk out to the front and stand in the cold when she wanted a ciggie when I could just air the place out afterwards.

I didnt ask her to remove her orthopediac shoes either ;)

seamus wrote: »
    That's oddly specific, and not something I reckon anyone would think of.

Its more oddly specific to ask someone to remove their shoes IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I wouldn't put the comfort of visitors above the health of my kids. People smoking can go out smoke there and I say that as an ex smoker. I would consider someone who still thinks it's ok to smoke in someone else's house as rude and would have absolutely no problem sending them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Its more oddly specific to ask someone to remove their shoes IMO.
    When I say "oddly specific" I mean the apparent requirement to notify visitors in advance of the shoe policy in the house.

I would find it strange to be invited to someone's house and be told anything in advance except how to get there.

If we got there and the hosts asked us to change into Kimonos and clogs, I'd find it odd, but I wouldn't be annoyed that I wasn't told in advance.

I think we can all agree that smoking is kind of a different beast altogether.
    Its well known that it causes all kinds of health issues such as cancer, lung disease, heart disease etc.
    Not to mention its very smelly and turns ceilings yellow in no time.

Even when I smoked, i'd never assume it was ok to smoke inside

Simple question here:
    You have a fancy dress party every year on New Years Eve. This year you invite five new people to the New Years party. Do you tell them that it's a fancy dress party or do you wait till they get there & then tell them?

Less friends & save on Christmas cards too. :)

• Advertisement

When I say "oddly specific" I mean the apparent requirement to notify visitors in advance of the shoe policy in the house.

I would find it strange to be invited to someone's house and be told anything in advance except how to get there.

If we got there and the hosts asked us to change into Kimonos and clogs, I'd find it odd, but I wouldn't be annoyed that I wasn't told in advance.

Well I would prefer to bring my own Kimono and clogs in that case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Simple question here:
    You have a fancy dress party every year on New Years Eve. This year you invite five new people to the New Years party. Do you tell them that it's a fancy dress party or do you wait till they get there & then tell them?

Always amuses me the tenuous analogies some people make that are nothing like the issue under discussion.

So, if you were on a deserted island with only coconuts to eat and someone said you had to pretend to be a badger for 10 minutes would you think that was acceptable?

Always amuses me the tenuous analogies some people make that are nothing like the issue under discussion.

So, if you were on a deserted island with only coconuts to eat and someone said you had to pretend to be a badger for 10 minutes would you think that was acceptable?

Look one poster has gone out of their way to state that they don't care about their guests. They don't care if they show disrespect or basic manners. My house, my rules. I'm calling BS on this as I don't believe it. I put up something very similar in my opinion. I've been invited to more fancy dress parties in my lifetime then been asked to remove my shoes I wanted if said poster is genuinely as bad mannered as they claim to be.

I honestly they are making it up as a windup

Look one poster has gone out of their way to state that they don't care about their guests. They don't care if they show disrespect or basic manners. My house, my rules. I'm calling BS on this as I don't believe it. I put up something very similar in my opinion. I've been invited to more fancy dress parties in my lifetime then been asked to remove my shoes I wanted if said poster is genuinely as bad mannered as they claim to be.

I honestly they are making it up as a windup

Do I strike you as the sort of person who’ll entertain your fancy dress party analogy and hypothesis?

Heard the saying ‘You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink’? That’s sometimes the case even if it’s thirsty. Maybe it doesn’t believe it is water. Because it thinks water is only to be found where it knows there’s water. The horse might have some problem adapting to a new situation, right? Maybe I should spend some time, coax the horse and try to encourage him to have a sip. It might not be his kind of water, but he needs to accept that it’s water and he shpuld realy just drink it and go do whatever horses do during their days. But he won’t. So the horse can stay thirsty. I tried. I tried many times and many ways. Not my problem.

**** that horse.

Whereas I think it would be normal to inform potential visitors if you have a specific unusual requirement for your home, such as wearing kimonos and clogs. I say unusual because I have in over 40 years only encountered it from 2 people - both members of the same family.

I would not come in if I was doorstepped with a request to remove my shoes. And you would probably no longer be my friend (or certainly I would review the parameters of the friendship) because besides thinking you were odd, Id think you were rude.

As to why I wouldnt come in? Could be any one of a number of reasons already stated as to why people dont like to take their shoes off unexpectedly, from suffering with smelly feet to suffering with cold feet to not having their pedicure done to finding it painful to walk barefoot etc... Doesnt matter what the reason it tbh - if someone doesnt want to remove an item of clothing thats their business.

Surely if you have that rule its just normal to say "yeah see you at my place at 9 - oh by the way we dont wear shoes in the house so bring a pair of socks or something?" rather than being rude by doorstepping them?

I mean this quite genuinely - if I invited someone over and then at the door told them they had to take off their shoes and they looked embarrassed/alarmed/annoyed and said that in that case they couldnt come in and left - id feel like a d1ckhead. And if I were the person walking away, Id think the person at the door was a d1ckhead. I just cant see any other way to feel about it. Someone has taken the time and trouble to get to your home and they are refused access over a rule that you could simply have informed them about previously - yet somehow you think its a better idea to surprise them with it?

Do I strike you as the sort of person who’ll entertain your fancy dress party analogy and hypothesis?

Heard the saying ‘You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink’? That’s sometimes the case even if it’s thirsty. Maybe it doesn’t believe it is water. Because it thinks water is only to be found where it knows there’s water. The horse might have some problem adapting to a new situation, right? Maybe I should spend some time, coax the horse and try to encourage him to have a sip. It might not be his kind of water, but he needs to accept that it’s water and he shpuld realy just drink it and go do whatever horses do during their days. But he won’t. So the horse can stay thirsty. I tried. I tried many times and many ways. Not my problem.

**** that horse.

Thanks for that. You've proved me right all along.

I have said that you were a Windup merchant on this subject.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. You've proved me right all along.

I have said that you were a Windup merchant on this subject.

If you want to keep believing that, fire away. If it makes you feel better, that’s a good thing, right? Other people here agree with you or agree with me or just don’t care either way.

You call me a wind-up merchant, I call you things I can’t write here and the world moves on. People will still take off their shoes at my front door or they won’t be permitted past it and the I’ll still not care how they feel about that.

If you want to keep believing that, fire away. If it makes you feel better, that’s a good thing, right? Other people here agree with you or agree with me or just don’t care either way.

You call me a wind-up merchant, I call you things I can’t write here and the world moves on. People will still take off their shoes at my front door or they won’t be permitted past it and the I’ll still not care how they feel about that.

We'll leave it there. I think most can see your posts for what they are. I hope you've had a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Am going to have a policy in my house were all guest must remove all clothing when they come in. I think that's fair.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Am going to have a policy in my house were all guest must remove all clothing when they come in. I think that's fair.

Will you tell them in advance or doorstep them with it?

Floppybits wrote: »

And they would then match your username !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement