Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Regulation 261/2004 claim

Options
  • 12-04-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm looking for the best way to pursue a claim under EU Regulation 261/2004. I was due to fly home to Dublin on March 2nd from Brussels when my flight with Ryanair got cancelled due to the bad weather. After finally managing to connect to their online chat a customer service rep told me that there were no available flights until Monday. I needed to get back to Dublin asap as I was starting a new job on the Monday so he told me to book flights with another airline and keep the receipts of all reasonable expenses and I would be refunded EU Regulation 261/2004.

However now that I have tried to claim my refund, Ryanair have only refunded the cost of my original flight. Does anybody know the best place to pursue this? The regulator? The Small Claims Court ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Tell them you wish to apply for €250 per passenger, compensation under EU 261 Regs.

The link is not clearly available on their website - I eventually got the link from their online chat service, after being given the incorrect link that required receipts, etc. - you'll claim under the "other" category on the link you'll be given.

Despite being told I could be waiting for up to a month or more for an answer, I got a reply within a day or so. Cheque arrive two weeks later.

Sorry I can't recall the link. Best of luck.

EDIT: I see this was in March - you may be out of time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gormo187

Thanks for the response but they've actually told me all they're willing to refund is the cost of my original flight when I believe I am entitled to recover the cost of my accommodation, meals and flight with another airline under EU Regulation 261/2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gormo187

It looks like I have a fight on my hands all right. I'm not looking for compensation, I just want to get my expenses refunded. Their customer service representative did advise me to book myself and keep the receipts(I have screenshots of the chat). Is the Small Claims Court the best place to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Not entitled to compensation but you are entitled to food & hotel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Advertisement