Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing over €10,000 in cash.

Options
  • 13-04-2018 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

How do I withdraw more than €10,000 in cash? The teller told me today that I could only withdraw larger sums via transfer to a beneficiary account. I need this money in cash. Is the teller correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

You should be able to tell them in a main bank that earlier in the day and get it in afternoon.

Small banks I think can't do this and that is understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

No! You need to give them 3-5 days notice for large amounts so they can get it in. (maybe more time needed now, I just know in the past that was about the time frame*different bank, rules are the same*)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

deco nate wrote: »
    No! You need to give them 3-5 days notice for large amounts so they can get it in. (maybe more time needed now, I just know in the past that was about the time frame*different bank, rules are the same*)

How much is large amounts deco.
    Iv go that out in cash in a day.
    It was years ago but......

It was a main bank and at closing time so if you get robbed outside your not here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BoI (and no doubt other banks) ask for 24 hours notice for withdrawals of more than €5,000.

Separately, there are money-laundering obligations where if you are withdrawing large sums of money, you may be asked for an explanation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Annabel7 wrote: »
    How do I withdraw more than €10,000 in cash? The teller told me today that I could only withdraw larger sums via transfer to a beneficiary account. I need this money in cash. Is the teller correct?
    Hi Annabel7,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for your post.

You can certainly order a cash amount of any size, to be collected at a branch with counter service. You can order this here.

As these requests are dealt with at the branches discretion, they will be in touch if they need additional information.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement