Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Money Taken From My Account

Options
  • 13-04-2018 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I've been paying off a bill on a weekly basis. Put through an online payment today for €153 but the entire value of entire bill was taken out of my bank account taking every last cent I had in there except for €8. I've just been paid and I'm wiped. Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi milona,

Thank you for getting in touch.

A direct debit instruction is sent to the bank approximately a week before the direct debit due date, so manual payment made after this does not prevent the direct debit collection. A manual payment also takes at least 24 hours to reach the account.

We recommend contacting your bank now for a SEPA refund (they have more immediate access to the funds).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement