Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting collection letters for someone who doesn't live at my address

Options
  • 13-04-2018 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm getting collection letters for someone who doesn't live at my address.
    The letters don't have a phone number or an account number.
    I called the accounts section and they were unable to access the account as I didn't have the phone number or account number of the person on the collection letters.
    I just want these letters to stop coming to me as I don't know the person they're addressed to and they've never lived at the address.
    Can someone help me please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭JigglyMcJabs

I'm getting collection letters for someone who doesn't live at my address.
    The letters don't have a phone number or an account number.
    I called the accounts section and they were unable to access the account as I didn't have the phone number or account number of the person on the collection letters.
    I just want these letters to stop coming to me as I don't know the person they're addressed to and they've never lived at the address.
    Can someone help me please.

Put them back in the postbox unopened, with "not at this address" written on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭witless_steve

Not entirely sure that stops someone from a collection agency from claiming that person does live there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

OK you phoned the company but they couldn't access the account without details. So what have you to lose by writing ' not known at this address ' and putting them back into the post box?

Advertisement