Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Store Day 2018

• 13-04-2018 10:57am

Coming up Saturday week. Anyone looking forward to picking some stuff up or do you think it's just a money making racket for the record labels these days?

Picking up myself :

Soundgarden - A-Sides
    The Stooges - S/T
    Rory Gallagher - The French Connection
    Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Lemonheads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Linkin Park - One More Light Live
    Rage Against The Machine - Democratic National Convention 2000
    The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
    Soundgarden - A-Sides
    U2 - Lights of Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I always make a point of going into my local record shop to show support.

While I've glanced at the list I've stopped going in with a wishlist because some releases can be crazy money. I do usually end up picking up something, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

The only record store near me is a Golden Discs and they don't have a whole lot of stuff I'm interested in. Still giving it a shot though, might finally start a record collection.

Grahamer72 wrote: »
    Coming up Saturday week. Anyone looking forward to picking some stuff up or do you think it's just a money making racket for the record labels these days?

Bit of a racket!

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally behind supporting independent retailers, but what about the other 364 days of the year?

As a matter of interest, what prevented anyone from picking up any of the releases listed here before "record shop day"? I mean a lot of those titles have been out there for decades, it just seems a bit elitist that only the vastly inflated version of an album that's been available for 50+ years (Stooges, Stones) will do.

Sorry, call me an old fart but it used to be about the music and not the product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement