Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Post Primary for Blanchardstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

By the sound of the radio coverage, they havent identified actual sites for many of these proposed schools, Dunboyne being another.

I wouldnt have thought they'd need a strategic comms unit to tell them thats a stupid announcement to make without that crucial detail.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Somewhere down Mill Road if I recall correctly. That's something I heard a good while back, will have to check it with the source to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

miamee wrote: »
    Somewhere down Mill Road if I recall correctly. That's something I heard a good while back, will have to check it with the source to be sure :)
    The old School of Horology on Mill Road is often used as as temporary premises for new schools while the Department and FCC drag their heels on building the permanent buildings - Scoil Choilm was there and so was LCC. It's not particularly big so I would be surprised if a school would be housed there permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The idea that we ever had, or needed, a school of horology is intriguing. Seems to have survived until the 2000s

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

daymobrew wrote: »
    The old School of Horology on Mill Road is often used as as temporary premises for new schools while the Department and FCC drag their heels on building the permanent buildings - Scoil Choilm was there and so was LCC. It's not particularly big so I would be surprised if a school would be housed there permanently.

The person I was speaking to (who works in a different Dublin 15 primary school) was under the impression that this was the site for the new school as I suspected. As you say, a couple of schools have used it as a temporary location while their own schools were being built. I asked her about it again this weekend to be sure, however it's third hand information so I'm open to correction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement