Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted for Originals Band

Options
  • 13-04-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks!

Vocalist/guitarist just relocated to Dublin needs Funky muso's to join me for gigs and to promote my new E.P of original material, recorded in Bangkok, with musicians such as Waterboys trumpet player 'Roddy Lorimer' ...(check him out on wikipedia)

Influences from NUFUNK/NEO SOUL/JAZZ/SOUL/HIPHOP....

If you can get funky like 'Vulfpeck' I would love to hear from you!

influences include:

Hiatus Koyote
    Gill Scott Heron
    Erykah Badu
    Betty Davis
    Nightmares on Wax
    Kate Tempest
    Amy Winehouse
    Tribe Called Quest
    Vulfpeck
    Portishead
    Bishop Nehru

Dedicated musicians only please. :)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Stay Well,

JanuSunn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dapotter

...no im not...you were blessed ...but i do play the horn and
    am very intersted in this project
    welcome home
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuH45cKNJDKr6LnU8rzKnQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JanuSunn

Hello, thank you for your msg dapotter.
    In the link you sent there were a variety of videos - That was you on horn for The scalps and Soul Revival stuff? I was indeed blessed he is an inspiring musician

Thanks for swift reply....Indeed ...On all vidz posted there... grouse etc...
    Could ye post a link to yours .thanks

Hey man, sent you private msg there of my songs! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbord

Hi there JanuSunn, Im a 33 year old bass player based in South Dublin. Ms Badu, Portishead and Koyote are right up my street. If you could PM me some stuff that would be great.

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Hey mbord,

Respect, Ms Badu is my girl! PM'D you with my songs....

Pmd ..are you based in Dublin area Janu

...and i am enjoying very much...nice arrangements...thanks Janu...talk soon hopefully ..k

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Paul S

Hey man - drummer here. Very interested based on the influences/direction you outlined. 20 plus years playing with pro gear. Would love to hear the tunes.

dapotter wrote: »
    ...and i am enjoying very much...nice arrangements...thanks Janu...talk soon hopefully ..k
    Hi! So sorry I've been slow to reply. Right now I'm trying out musicians for this project, if you are available to join a rehearsal? We will play the songs I sent you for a start, just to get vibing in studio! How you fixed for Friday eve???

Cheers,

Jen

• Advertisement

Paul S wrote: »
    Hey man - drummer here. Very interested based on the influences/direction you outlined. 20 plus years playing with pro gear. Would love to hear the tunes.

Hey Paul!

Thank you for your interest man, it would be great to hear any recordings you have done first and then we go from there?!

Best,

Jen

Ahh....brill but unfortunately Friday eves not usually good for me Jannu ...not that it would impact much anywayz on first meet...but will endeavour to be at next if given more notice....please keep me posted..
    enjoy the evening 😎 and
    Thanks for headsup
    Ken

Advertisement