Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn hotspot on automatically

Options
  • 13-04-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

I got an amazon alexa dot for my car which using an audio jack to my stereo and with hotspot from my iphone Ive turned the car smart (ish). I use it for simple audio things just now like spotify playlists and as Ive made my house smart with sonoff switches I can control the house from the car.

I was thinking is their a way to turn on hotspot automatically on the iphone when a colleageu told me about an android rfid reader which can do things on an android when it reads an rfid card, I could use this in the car, just place the iphone beside an old card with an rfid chip in it.
    I know the iphone 6 has an rfid reader but I cant find anything similar to the android method described above.

Anyone any suggestions?

edit: if you werent aware already and someone was thinking about it, Siri cant turn on the hotspot.

Comments

Advertisement