Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Rockshore" - What a terrible name for a beer?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,733 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Harp's market these days is convincing people in Northern Ireland its "their" beer.

They started that when it was made in Dundalk and have kept it up after moving to Dublin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

tried it last week . not good. no taste. if you like light tasting watery beer have at it. else avoid not even worth a taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tried a free sampler tonight. Was expecting my tastebuds to be jingling but found it too gassy and a bit tasteless. Wouldn't be going out of my way to buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭kooga

Diageo introduced Rockshore as they have lost the licence to brew Budweiser here - it has gone to Bulmers/CC/showerings in Clonmel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Tried it once,didn't like it.It is also overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

It's a lager for people who don't like lager. Completely tasteless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tried it at a festival, there is virtually no taste whatsoever.

kooga wrote: »
    Diageo introduced Rockshore as they have lost the licence to brew Budweiser here - it has gone to Bulmers/CC/showerings in Clonmel

Tried to find a post so I could say "called it", but it seems I only said it in ramblings in the pub and thought I'd posted it here. Oh well!

Heineken Light to try retain the Coors market when they moved that (to Burton I presume); then this.

Haven't heard the name Showerings used in years, as an aside.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Tried to find a post so I could say "called it", but it seems I only said it in ramblings in the pub and thought I'd posted it here. Oh well!

Heineken Light to try retain the Coors market when they moved that (to Burton I presume); then this.

Haven't heard the name Showerings used in years, as an aside.

I always wondered how Heineken were able to brew coors light here when molson have their own distribution here / also coors uk is 4% and Irl is 4.3%

Re showering I don't know what it's called in called - could be tenants

Interestingly is miller still available on draught here

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jt69er

Hibernia93 wrote: »
    Any similarities to the taste of the now discontinued Clonmel lager that was made by Bulmers? I absolutely loved that lager although everyone here didn't lol.

Not discontinued, still being brewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jt69er

That story has being going around a while, not sure if its true.

I always wondered how Heineken were able to brew coors light here when molson have their own distribution here / also coors uk is 4% and Irl is 4.3%

Re showering I don't know what it's called in called - could be tenants

Interestingly is miller still available on draught here

Heineken had a contract for Coors from the distant past, before the MolsonCoors merger I think.

Showerings was the name of the company owning Bulmers in Ireland until C&C bought it, why it got called that is probably worthy of an academic paper on mergers and acquisitions. I haven't seen it used in a non historical sense in about 15 years and even then it was anachronistic, the trading company is inactive for ages.

I haven't seen Miller on draught for ages, but it was always relatively niche

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

L1011 wrote: »
    I haven't seen Miller on draught for ages, but it was always relatively niche

O'Neills on Suffolk Street would be a good indicator. They tend to have everything on draught. If it's not there then it's probably no longer available.

irish_goat wrote: »
    O'Neills on Suffolk Street would be a good indicator. They tend to have everything on draught. If it's not there then it's probably no longer available.
    Miller fell of the radar when Heineken took over beamish and Crawford as they discontinued brewing it - I think for a while Richmond marketing were importing it on draught from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 in the smaller barrrels as to who or where the bottles come from I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I tried this as a free sample. I can only describe it as drinking out of a finished beer glass that was refilled with fizzy water. All gas and a vague hint of some taste that might have come from passing a brewery on the way to the shop.

Advertisement