Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants for not cutting bog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Thought I'd bump this, anyone any idea on where to find who can qualify?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

As far as I know there are two compensation schemes. One concerns bogs in SAC areas - the details of these bogs are in the link the OP has posted. As far as I know no turf cutting is allowed on these bogs, cue locals cutting turf watched by Gardai, diggers seized, bog protests etc, Ming and Michael Fitzmaurice getting TV time etc, etc.

There is another scheme with bogs in aprox 35 NHA area's where participation is optional - you can get compensation or relocation to another bog. The details of these bogs are in the link attached under the NHA link.

https://www.npws.ie/peatlands-and-turf-cutting/turf-cutting-compensation-scheme

Outside of these two schemes there are no other eligible bogs that I am aware of.

Advertisement