Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What thickness booties / gloves for Spring/Summer/Autumn?

Options
  • 13-04-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting into SUP in Dublin and want to pick up a set of neoprene boots and gloves off Amazon.

What mm thickness would be recommended for 75% of the year in Dublin waters?

2mm or 3mm? More?

I'm fairly warm blooded and able to tolerate a chill, but obviously as I'm out of the water for the most part I want to stay warm while wearing wet neoprene etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

5mm boots and gloves.... For the winter

Unless there's weaver fish on the east coast you won't need them from May until October

Go commando

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's also for protection walking on rocks etc.. so can go 5mm boots year round.

5mm gloves might be a bit too stiff for SUP though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you are worried about rocks buy cheap runners in pennies or a set of Aldi or Lidl crocks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If you are worried about rocks buy cheap runners in pennies or a set of Aldi or Lidl crocks

:rolleyes:

Cool, so 5mm boots and 2mm gloves should do it I reckon

Advertisement