Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS number that Payee texts are sent from

Options
  • 13-04-2018 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Much like many others in this forum and others over the years, my partner and I are having troubles receiving the 'add a payee' security SMS codes. I've made a dozen online requests for the SMS, it never comes through for either of us. We have received other messages from BOI (eg. account opening).
    I'm having ongoing conversations with Three about this.

Can you please confirm which number(s) that BOI sends these sms' from - is it always 50365?
    Secondly, is there any other identifying/technical information from BOI that I can provide to Three regarding how these messages are distributed/delivered?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

kujaultima wrote: »
    Hi,

Much like many others in this forum and others over the years, my partner and I are having troubles receiving the 'add a payee' security SMS codes. I've made a dozen online requests for the SMS, it never comes through for either of us. We have received other messages from BOI (eg. account opening).

Can you please confirm which number(s) that BOI sends these sms' from - is it always 50365?
    Secondly, is there any other identifying/technical information from BOI that I can provide to Three regarding how these messages are distributed/delivered?

Thank you

Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here,

Can I ask if both of you have checked that the number we have registered for you is correct and if so have either of you received a text message from us saying there was a problem with sending the activation code to you? 

In relation to the number that the text messages are sent from they should show on the networks systems as just "BOI" rather than any specific number. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

Hi,

Thank you

Hi there, 

Can I ask if both of you have checked that the number we have registered for you is correct and if so have either of you received a text message from us saying there was a problem with sending the activation code to you? 

In relation to the number that the text messages are sent from they should show on the networks systems as just "BOI" rather than any specific number. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    Hi,

Yes, as mentioned we received the initial account activation messages. We've also checked the numbers on the phone with boi representatives.
    Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thank you

Hi there, 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    Hi,

Yes, as mentioned we received the initial account activation messages. We've also checked the numbers on the phone with boi representatives.
    Thanks for the info
    Thanks for getting back to me here, I'm sorry what I was asking is if either of you have received a text message specifically saying that there was a problem in sending you an activation code when you have attempted to order one? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

Hi,

Thank you

Hi there, 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    Hi,

Thanks for the info
    Thanks for getting back to me here, I'm sorry what I was asking is if either of you have received a text message specifically saying that there was a problem in sending you an activation code when you have attempted to order one? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,

No, we have not received any such message.

Three have just told me this:
    [font=CustomFont, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, our tech team have investigated this and cannot find any trace of a text being sent by BOI in the last 3 days. If they have no record of this, they cannot investigate further. This means the text is not hitting our network. Can you contact BOI and get time stamps of when the texts were sent such as the date/time?[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Darren,

No, we have not received any such message.

Three have just told me this:
    [font=CustomFont, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, our tech team have investigated this and cannot find any trace of a text being sent by BOI in the last 3 days. If they have no record of this, they cannot investigate further. This means the text is not hitting our network. Can you contact BOI and get time stamps of when the texts were sent such as the date/time?[/font]

Hi kujaultima,

Thanks for your reply.

We're sorry to hear this. We'd advise you to send a message through the Ask a Question option on the 365 Online Service Desk and an advisor can look into this for the payee you are trying to activate. Please include in your message which payee it is you are trying to activate.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Advertisement
Advertisement