Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro - The Helix MTV Unplugged Sat 15th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Odd not to release tickets for so long. Will definitely try to get to this though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Surely the 11th of May is a mistake? Announcing a gig but not putting tickets on sale for the bones of a month is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Surely the 11th of May is a mistake? Announcing a gig but not putting tickets on sale for the bones of a month is weird

There's a few months between May and September

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Birneybau wrote: »
    There's a few months between May and September

I just meant that they announced the gig yesterday but usually they tickets go onsale a week or so after the announcement not a few weeks later (excluding the Rolling Stones at Croker)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I just meant that they announced the gig yesterday but usually they tickets go onsale a week or so after the announcement not a few weeks later (excluding the Rolling Stones at Croker)

May 11th is correct .
    They are using the time between now and May 7th to entice people to pre order the album .
    If you preorder the album you will get a presale code to try and buy tickets for the tour .
    Q. When does the first access offer end?
    A. Pre-order from the Official Store by 23:59 BST on Monday 7th May 2018: for first access to Biffy Clyro MTV Unplugged Tour tickets.
    Q. When will first access to tickets begin?
    A. Presale access for MTV Unplugged Tour tickets begins on Thursday 10th May 2018 at 9am BST.

Nice to have a bit of time to think about buying the ticket instead of the usual tactic promoters use to panic people into buying by announcing a gig on a Monday or Tuesday and starting presales the following day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Will this be an all seated gig and how many does the Helix hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'm assuming it will be fully seated. The Mahony Hall can accommodate 1,050 if done "theatre style", like a conventional seated show, and that would presumably be where they're going to be. The Theatre, which is a very nice space, seats 435, so that's far too small.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Jesus, talk about gold dust tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Where will they sell the tickets through? 
    The Irish dates aren't showing on the Ticketmaster site yet, all other dates seem to be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Where will they sell the tickets through? 
    The Irish dates aren't showing on the Ticketmaster site yet, all other dates seem to be there...

It'll be on Ticketmaster,

Closer to the date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Is it actually being filmed for MTV unplugged? Have to say I didn't think that was still a thing

Is it actually being filmed for MTV unplugged? Have to say I didn't think that was still a thing

No it's just a small tour promoting the Unplugged album that'll be released soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, the tour is in support of an MTV Unplugged album that is getting released around the same time. The actual MTV gig was last year

Edit - sorry didn’t see post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

No chance anyone has a presale code and only getting one ticket theyd be willing to share?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Anyone have any luck with the presale? Entered the code in 9am on the dot, it searched for a bit and then at 9:03 it said "Tickets are not available" :mad:

I got a standing one for the Helix and a single seat in the upper area for the Waterfront. Normally, I'd be fussy about selecting specific areas and trying to get the stalls, or whatever, but I wasn't messing about with this. Once I'm in the building, I'm happy.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Not having any joy either 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

No luck here either. Kept getting 'communication error' and then 'tickets currently not available'.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

BEUFR7M2

Forgot all about this, I never received a pre sale code though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I got a standing one for the Helix and a single seat in the upper area for the Waterfront. Normally, I'd be fussy about selecting specific areas and trying to get the stalls, or whatever, but I wasn't messing about with this. Once I'm in the building, I'm happy.

Dammit, they did actually go on sale then. You got lucky :)

Absolute joke for the rest of us though.

I know someone who got standing for the Helix as well. I did get an error message the first time (for both venues), but I just re-submitted the selection and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Never got my email with the password

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Anyone have an idea of how much tickets cost?

Standing in the Helix was €52.90 including fees.

52.90...I think that's my mind made up. Could justify if was full show, but not acoustic. Disappointed, love the band so hope it's still a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amckenna96

What're the chances of getting tickets in the morning? Or did they just put very little on sale this morning during the pre-sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No chance, in the queue now. I hate TM so much.

Can we please go back to the days of queuing outside in the rain to secure tickets. I much preferred it!

Edit: Communication error and had to start again

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

I was in the queue and no joy. The missus then went on the app at 09:05 and got two no problem.

• Advertisement

Off-topic (slightly), but I see now that if you've already bought your quota, Ticketmaster alert you to the fact on the artist page. I got two yesterday, so it says Ticket Limit Reached (2). This means there's no ambiguity about what the allocation is, but does rule out the chance for anyone to potentially try for a better seat further down the line (for any show where there's a ticket limit), as part of their new swap policy.

Advertisement