Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro - The Helix MTV Unplugged Sat 15th Sept

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Was there two standing prices? 47 and 52?
    aj89 wrote: »
    I was in the queue and no joy. The missus then went on the app at 09:05 and got two no problem.

I always use the app when buying tickets. It seems to have priority over the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I got 2 on the app this morning too. Had the website open on my laptop as well, but it just got stuck spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I also got two on the app while the website was still spinning. I then went back and got one more while the website was timing out. App FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Defo be using the app in future myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Off-topic (slightly), but I see now that if you've already bought your quota, Ticketmaster alert you to the fact on the artist page. I got two yesterday, so it says Ticket Limit Reached (2). This means there's no ambiguity about what the allocation is, but does rule out the chance for anyone to potentially try for a better seat further down the line (for any show where there's a ticket limit), as part of their new swap policy.

I'm pretty sure that was an error about the ticket limit being reached as it was displaying that for me on the website despite I having bought no tickets.
    It also had some connection issue error .

The website was useless this morning ,this new queuing system is buggy,I got 2 on the App but it kept on failing on the credit card payment stage.
    I kept getting "Sorry the service you requested is not available at this time".
    Eventually managed to pay for 2 on another phone .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aqn29swlgbmiu4

Tickets sold out after less than a minute.

Actually sick of trying to buy tickets to gigs at this stage with them selling out instantly

Tickets sold out after less than a minute.

Actually sick of trying to buy tickets to gigs at this stage with them selling out instantly

Well on the website there was nothing available at all but they were available on the app for a while ,I eventually managed to pay for 2 at 9.53.

So after buying 2 tickets this morning for my niece I got this gem of an email around 3pm.
    Biffy Clyro Terms and Conditions

Dear Customer,

We're sure your looking forward to Biffy Clyro at The Helix on the 15th September! Below is a reminder regarding the terms and conditons of your purchase!

Jot this down!...

Terms and conditions:

- A photo ID will be required to be presented by the lead booker upon arrival at the venue on the night of the show.

- We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase made by any person whom we reasonably believe to be associated with any ticket broker or tout.

- To enter the venue, each original purchaser and any person accompanying them to the show must be present together on entrance to the venue. There are no exceptions to this.

- Tickets cannot be resold

- All ticket purchases are subject to the standard terms and conditions and Purchase Policy of Ticketmaster Limited,, as well as these terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions will apply.

Anything else?...

That's it for now!

Ticketmaster

So Ticketmaster are now trying to add in terms and conditions after the tickets went on sale ,as there were definitely no restrictions mentioned this morning .
    This is surely illegal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Did same thing with Paramore last year

boyznoise wrote: »
    Did same thing with Paramore last year

Yeah I know they did ,I mentioned it at the time.
    I had to go to the gig with my niece,I looked a bit out of place.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103821310&postcount=52

I wont be caught out this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Yeah was in same boat and they didn't even ID when l turned up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So after buying 2 tickets this morning for my niece I got this gem of an email around 3pm.

So Ticketmaster are now trying to add in terms and conditions after the tickets went on sale ,as there were definitely no restrictions mentioned this morning .
    This is surely illegal ?

Strange that Ticketmaster didn't let these terms be known as Biffy themselves have been warning people about the ticket restrictions for a while now through email and social media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Standing at an acoustic gig seems a bit weird.. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pelvis wrote: »
    Standing at an acoustic gig seems a bit weird.. no?

Did it before for biffy, except in the 3arena. Not as weird as I expected it to be, but seats would be the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I managed to get some tickets on the twickets app today.
    It seems they can be resold via twickets, and I need to show ID and my twickets email to show it was bought via them.
    I'm well excited for this now.
    Anyone who is stuck, set up an alert on twickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

EyesClosed wrote:
    I managed to get some tickets on the twickets app today. It seems they can be resold via twickets, and I need to show ID and my twickets email to show it was bought via them. I'm well excited for this now. Anyone who is stuck, set up an alert on twickets.

I'm stuck for 1 ticket, how do u know if tickets are genuine?

I dunno about Biffy, but Arctic Monkeys tweeted this - https://twitter.com/arcticmonkeys/status/976478610348478464?lang=en - So it seems twickets is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

I have been offered 2 tickets at face value from a friends relative, was there anything about have to bring id/credit card to the gig when the tickets were bought originally??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Has this happened yet?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

spodoinkle wrote: »
    I have been offered 2 tickets at face value from a friends relative, was there anything about have to bring id/credit card to the gig when the tickets were bought originally??

Not sure when it was said, but you do need to bring the id/the card used to purchase tickets to get into the event, so I wouldn't chance it unless they're going too.
    Has this happened yet?

Not too sure what you're asking, But the gig is on the 15th of September and they have already done their official MTV Unplugged gig at the Roundhouse in London, so this gig and the others they're doing for the tour are that setlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Wing126 wrote: »
    I dunno about Biffy, but Arctic Monkeys tweeted this - https://twitter.com/arcticmonkeys/status/976478610348478464?lang=en - So it seems twickets is genuine.

Ed Sheeran also teamed up with the site on his UK tour as the only way to re-sell tickets to his gigs legitimately. They have a guarantee that if tickets aren't as described you'll be covered by both Twickets and Paypal buyer protection so I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy tickets through the site as they are definitely above board.

They are an official re-seller.
    Cause the name on the ticket is not mine, I need to bring ID and the email from twickets showing I bought them using their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran also teamed up with the site on his UK tour as the only way to re-sell tickets to his gigs legitimately. They have a guarantee that if tickets aren't as described you'll be covered by both Twickets and Paypal buyer protection so I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy tickets through the site as they are definitely above board.

The Arctic Monkeys manager and Sheerans manager are both shareholders in Twickets ,its above board if somewhat unethical.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The Arctic Monkeys manager and Sheerans manager are both shareholders in Twickets ,its above board if somewhat unethical.

Unethical? waaaay better than touting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Zardoz wrote: »

To be honest I'd rather the bands' managers get a cut of the modest €10 service fee rather than some tout taking a €150 profit that some poor punter is willing to pay above face value, or worse the tout making that and then seatwave (or ticketmaster in reality) taking another 20% service fee on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Unethical? waaaay better than touting

Well its obviously better than touting but its still a bit of a conflict of interest when you stipulate that tickets can only be resold on a profit making site that you have a vested interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fatlamb

Anyone selling any tickets?

fatlamb wrote: »
    Anyone selling any tickets?

Check twickets.live

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fatlamb

Had a quick look there, no luck, thank you though!

• Advertisement

My tickets came from twickets, great service for non profit resale. If anyone is looking I suggest setting up a twickets alert. You have to use PayPal to pay, and the tickets come via registered post, so make sure you're at home.

Advertisement