Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro - The Helix MTV Unplugged Sat 15th Sept

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Lads, What's parking like around The Helix? Trying to figure out what way to get up.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Wing126 wrote:
    Lads, What's parking like around The Helix? Trying to figure out what way to get up.

Theres a multi storey at the Helix/ DCU also plenty availabilty around neighbouring areas Albert College / Collins Avenue / Crestfield

Theres a multi storey at the Helix/ DCU also plenty availabilty around neighbouring areas Albert College / Collins Avenue / Crestfield

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've just been offered a couple of tickets for the Waterfront on Sunday night. Looking forward to it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tickets back up on Ticketmaster for Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

FFS just missed them

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've just been offered a couple of tickets for the Waterfront on Sunday night. Looking forward to it.

I've just found out that the tickets are Block A, Row 8! Delighted!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

anyone know if theres any chance there might be tickets available on the night in the helix?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Always touts outside gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Any idea what stage times are tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

s8n wrote: »
    Any idea what stage times are tonight ?

Rang helix . Doors open 6pm . On stage 8pm sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Perfect. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

exilec wrote: »

It says 7.30 on tickets?
    With a support act I was hoping they would be on stage at 9 as I could struggle to make 8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

exilec wrote: »

Seriously?! Tickets say doors aren't til 7:30pm! People will miss the start ffs. This is the third recent gig I've been to where the tickets had the wrong time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Maybe they're not letting people into the venue itself until 6:00, which is what the person on the phone meant.

More likely:

Doors to the hall open at 7:30, as stated on the ticket.
    Support act (Jamie Lenman) on at 8:00.
    Biffy on around 9:00.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Maybe they're not letting people into the venue itself until 6:00, which is what the person on the phone meant.

More likely:

Doors to the hall open at 7:30, as stated on the ticket.
    Support act (Jamie Lenman) on at 8:00.
    Biffy on around 9:00.

Didn't even realise they had a support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what are they doing are they doing the Nirvana set?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The Captain
    Biblical
    Saturday Superhouse
    Re-Arrange
    Drop It
    Black Chandelier
    As Dust Dances
    Folding Stars
    Different People
    Different Kind of Love
    The Rain
    Mountains
    Adored
    Opposite
    Justboy
    Medicine
    Small Wishes
    Bubbles
    Machines

Encore:

Friends and Enemies (without amplification)
    God and Satan
    Many of Horror

Superb stuff. So many highlights, but some of the songs that weren't on the Unplugged album arguably provided some of the best moments of the night, if only for the element of surprise. Justboy, in particular, was incredible.
    The acoustic setting also helps showcase the vocals better. Some really effective harmonies.
    The sound was great where I was (on the barrier), so hopefully nobody has horror stories about having sound issues from being at the back of the hall.
    A really great show that was a privilege to attend.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Really looking forward to tomorrow night now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

The Captain
    Biblical
    Saturday Superhouse
    Re-Arrange
    Drop It
    Black Chandelier
    As Dust Dances
    Folding Stars
    Different People
    Different Kind of Love
    The Rain
    Mountains
    Adored
    Opposite
    Justboy
    Medicine
    Small Wishes
    Bubbles
    Machines

Encore:

Friends and Enemies (without amplification)
    God and Satan
    Many of Horror

Superb stuff. So many highlights, but some of the songs that weren't on the Unplugged album arguably provided some of the best moments of the night, if only for the element of surprise. Justboy, in particular, was incredible.
    The acoustic setting also helps showcase the vocals better. Some really effective harmonies.
    The sound was great where I was (on the barrier), so hopefully nobody has horror stories about having sound issues from being at the back of the hall.
    A really great show that was a privilege to attend.

Agree with all that. I was about halfway back and can confirm the sound was perfect there too.

Really struggling to pick a highlight! Bubbles probably got the strongest applause/cheers afterwards, but I think Machines had the best crowd singalong. Friends and Enemies without any amplification was a brave move that really paid off. Confession: I didn't actually recognise the song Simon did alone with the piano (Adored?) but it was incredible - I looked around and there wasn't a single phone up and everyone near me was in rapt silence - even the dopes behind me who chatted through half the set. And then Mountains, Folding Stars, Justboy, Medicine... It just shows how tight their songwriting is, that you can take all that away and they're still brilliant. Wasn't sure what I expected tonight but that was wonderful.

• Advertisement

Belfast was brilliant last night! The whole crowd were on their feet singing along to Bubbles. Class. Favourite banter -
    Random fella in the crowd: "I like your tree!"
    Simon: "Thanks...I like your...seat."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kev217

Saw the Biff in The Helix on Saturday night and jesus the sound in The Helix is awful. Thankfully incredible harmonies from the lads meant it was still a damn enjoyable experience. Setlist was decent, would have liked 'God Only Knows' but that's being picky.

Only other drawback from the gig was the absolute tool in front of me taking photos of the gig at every song with his display brightness turned right up, can people try going to a gig and not watch it through a camera lens for once.

Advertisement