Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting problem

Options
  • 13-04-2018 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I've recently ordered a 400 10gb SIM card, which I understood to be a rolling 30 day contract. However the confirmation email stated that the contract length is 18 months. I contacted your twitter account about this yesterday but received no reply. The SIM card has just arrived but I can't port the number online and I'm advised to call 1905. I found this weird because that's the number for bill pay SIMs, not prepay SIMs. Also the SIM card says its postpaid, not prepay.

I rang 1905 but can't get through - probably because the call centre's closed at this point. 

Can you confirm please whether or not this offer is a rolling 30 day contract, and whether or not I've been sent the correct type of SIM to port my number over? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

fxotoole wrote: »
    Hi 

I've recently ordered a 400 10gb SIM card, which I understood to be a rolling 30 day contract. However the confirmation email stated that the contract length is 18 months. I contacted your twitter account about this yesterday but received no reply. The SIM card has just arrived but I can't port the number online and I'm advised to call 1905. I found this weird because that's the number for bill pay SIMs, not prepay SIMs. Also the SIM card says its postpaid, not prepay.

I rang 1905 but can't get through - probably because the call centre's closed at this point. 

Can you confirm please whether or not this offer is a rolling 30 day contract, and whether or not I've been sent the correct type of SIM to port my number over? 
    Hi fxotoole ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

I got sorted in the end. Thanks for getting back to me. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

fxotoole wrote: »
    I got sorted in the end. Thanks for getting back to me. 
    No problem at all. Glad to hear you are sorted. 

I'll pass this onto Thomas. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement