Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain bike for my dad

Options
  • 13-04-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hello,
    Looking for any advice on buying a mountain bike for my father.
    Are there any brands these days that don’t rust into the ground and won’t break the bank?
    I’m in the Clare area if ye can recommend anyone selling new bikes.
    Much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

Hello,
    Looking for any advice on buying a mountain bike for my father.
    Are there any brands these days that don’t rust into the ground and won’t break the bank?
    I’m in the Clare area if ye can recommend anyone selling new bikes.
    Much appreciated thanks.
    Hi most brands nowadays use aluminum frames so rust is a non issue..Try Canyon.com a German online company that sells super mountain bikes with excellent components which are also very important.. Their prices are also unbeatable..if you want to buy locally I can't advise you as I live on the east coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Paddysniper

Hi most brands nowadays use aluminum frames so rust is a non issue..Try Canyon.com a German online company that sells super mountain bikes with excellent components which are also very important.. Their prices are also unbeatable..if you want to buy locally I can't advise you as I live on the east coast.

Thanks I’ll check it out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

What's the intended use? Mountain bikes have lots of different designs, for different purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

All bikes rust if kept outside.
    No bikes rust if kept inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Paddysniper

What's the intended use? Mountain bikes have lots of different designs, for different purposes.

Just a leisurely cycle over and back a bad road.
    Nothing too exciting. Just wondering what brands are good now for a few hundred Euro.
    I wouldn’t know the handle bars from the saddle it’s been so long since I’ve been on one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Suspension is useless and heavy on cheap bikes so look for something rigid.

If there are no big hills, something like this would do the trick.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-dee-29-vr-city-bike-2018/rp-prod159718

I had a Vitus for mucking around on a few years ago, it was fine.

Advertisement