Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday April 13, 2018

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

If TLLS is interested in changing society like they used to be, they should do a whole show devoted to plastics and the sea and recycling.

No amount of TV shows is enough at this point. It's not all our fault. We were once victims of the the consumer market and we played along. But we know better now. But it's not that easy to change in order to make a difference.

We need to know how our changes in behaviour will lead to success and what the big corps are willing to do to help us as consumers.
    If the LLS did tackle it, it would probably be a 15 minute throwaway before some Z list celeb comes on to tell about their time on some reality tv programme.

I agree though, they should be pushing plastics and recycling out a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Also what about the judge(s) that took no **** against criminals, like Zaidan who got shifted when gardai were given extra paperwork i assume!

Cases get postponed for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

dublincelt wrote: »
    His face cut open.

Don't like these crocodile tear lads.

Imagine years of mayhem he caused.

Scumbag.

Sounds to me like this lad has turned his life around. More power to him...
    Hopefully the people he robbed and beat up and the people's whose cars he stole have also been able to get on with their lives as well. !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

And what about his victims - no chance for them,

Not quite sure what you are getting at? Lock him up and throw away the key? Not going to happen in this country as we all know. I for one respect anyone that turns away from a life of crime and tries to start again. It is a damn sight better then someone that never repents and stays in the system, repeatedly reoffending and racking up confiction after confiction. With legal aid keeping solicitors on the gravy train.

More power to him..

Away to make some cocoa, back for more...

monkey9 wrote: »
    His face cut open.

Don't like these crocodile tear lads.

Imagine years of mayhem he caused.

Scumbag.

That's true, but he can't do anything about the past. If he's making a genuine attempt at turning his life around, then it's better than continuing to do what he was doing.

The whole interview seemed a bit rushed as they were running out of time. I'd have liked to have heard more of it.

We don't even know what he's doing now etc.
    Who cares ??

Just do a 3 crimes and you do 10 years - would sort it out fast enough

Why not put more resources into proper community policing and stop treating children as a problem, a nuisance and an inconvenience because of their background? It all stems from the environment that is created from a young age. As i said i dont condone this guys actions for a second but crime in some inner city urban areas is as natural a progression as becoming part of a rugby or GAA club is in others.

Successive governments have failed the people of this country at the expense of big corporations. Politicians continue to serve their own interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Just do a 3 crimes and you do 10 years - would sort it out fast enough

It always baffles me when we read about criminals and they've gathered up 60, 70, 80, over 100 convictions etc. How are they allowed to get that much? They are clearly sociopaths!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

And what about his victims - no chance for them,

Of course he is a ****. I can't accept that there's an upbringing in Ireland that can brainwash you into thinking that robbing shops and mugging poor randomers is ok.

But. At least hes found something different and so is not doing it anymore. I don't pretend to imagine that the message will actually reach any crims watching the lls....posting away all night on boards.ie stop them in their tracks but there's no harm in putting out the message of an alternative to ****ing up other peoples lives.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It always baffles me when we read about criminals and they've gathered up 60, 70, 80, over 100 convictions etc. How are they allowed to get that much? They are clearly sociopaths!

It should be nipped in the butt at a very early stage. What we must also remember is that many of these lads offend as minors for the first time.

That man has had to leave the home he lived in for many years with his wife who is not well. It's not safe for him to go back to the house he worked to maintain all his life.

Yes he's basically been killed but still alive. They should give him the same funding as they did for those murdering ba$tards that killed Jamie Bulger.
    Fair play to the 3 brave men who are constantly patrolling the street to stop the enormous boquets of flowers been rammed on neighbours fences mourning a man of 34 who went into an old age pensioners house to rob him and his ill wife with a screwdriver.

Can you see the same way if Paul Williams & the Hutches be friends forever :confused::rolleyes:

Can you see the same way if Paul Williams & the Hutches be friends forever :confused::rolleyes:

Hardly like for like. While yer man tonight was no saint, he was a drug addled petty criminal by comparison. The Hutches/Kinahans are evil b@stards who have destroyed several working class communities in inner city Dublin with their poison for their own gain and have become very wealthy as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just in from a few pints after a cancer related funeral.

At what time does the show lighten up.?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just in from a few pints after a cancer related funeral.

At what time does the show lighten up.?

Go to bed. Or put on some music or a different channel. Seriously. Take my advice.

Sorry for your loss. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Next week is the LLS annual country music special. Sure, RTÉ want us to be entertained through their own specific way on a Friday night but they do this stuff far too often. People would get fed up of going through the yearly novelty of these shows after a while. It also shows the level of irrelevance of what is being currently produced by Ryan Tubridy & his team of producers at RTÉ. They don't have the temerity or tenacity to devote enough valuable time on real topics that cover the past & current problems of the country anymore. If anything most of that stuff is covered through current affairs shows right now. The only time that the LLS covered something big this year was when Storm Emma hit Ireland with the snow back in early March when it also had the smallest live audience they ever had in their show's history. Tonight's show was another example of what really can be produced with a real lack of available guests on offer. I don't really this shows survives but for all of the begrudging going on. It really is a miracle that it does survive to get the amount of audience share it gets week to week.

Next week is the LLS annual country music special.

*Shoots Messenger*

*Books weekend away in Connaught*

vladmydad wrote: »
    Ray Darcy has become a bitter middle aged man

Are you new here?

I've read enough. I'm off to bed.

• Advertisement

Go to bed. Or put on some music or a different channel. Seriously. Take my advice.

Sorry for your loss. :)

Mother of my wife's best friend. Top lady.

Catch yez all tomorrow.

Next week is the LLS annual country music special. Sure, RTÉ want us to be entertained through their own specific way on a Friday night but they do this stuff far too often. People would get fed up of going through the yearly novelty of these shows after a while. It also shows the level of irrelevance of what is being currently produced by Ryan Tubridy & his team of producers at RTÉ. They don't have the temerity or tenacity to devote enough valuable time on real topics that cover the past & current problems of the country anymore. If anything most of that stuff is covered through current affairs shows right now. The only time that the LLS covered something big this year was when Storm Emma hit Ireland with the snow back in early March when it also had the smallest live audience they ever had in their show's history. Tonight's show was another example of what really can be produced with a real lack of available guests on offer. I don't really this shows survives but for all of the begrudging going on. It really is a miracle that it does survive to get the amount of audience share it gets week to week.
    So the Carter's and loads of northern Ireland and Scottish and Liverpool singers. Wonder will big tom who is from Ireland be on it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Bit harsh. The cervical cancer interview sad as it certainly was, waa a public service, can help combat the decision making of those putting off life protecting vaccinations that might prevent other girls and their families suffering.
    The seafarer and the judge and the reformed criminal were also interesting interviews.
    Yes Trinny was truly pointless. People are constantly confused by the viewing figures...yet are still watching ofc. People will stop watching when they find something better, and should probably do so sooner than later if they REALLY want the show canned.

Come on, Regal Encore!

Dagnabbit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was out last night and didn't see show, but I read the line-up...

... terminal cancer sufferer

That kinda sums up the LLS now doesn't it....misery.

Wouldn't get that on Graham Norton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Missed another barrel of laughs last night,I will have to start watching the Late Late again 😂😥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

EPAndlee wrote: »
    No, not kodaline and that absolutely dire song they have out at the moment

Heard of Kodaline but didn't hear them until last night I stumbled across them. Not my type of music but the song they sung last night one could not hear a word they sung and the singing was very poor quality. Was this their fault or the mike in RTE? It was a very unprofessional performance with very poor sound quality whoever is at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The Late Late Show has lost its way. This show is just an excuse to push RTE employees and whoever is flavour of the month with RTE. This show next Friday will largely depend on who's on it. If it is mainly modern pop singers like Lee Matthews, it will be dire. Last years one was decent enough because they had international singers on it and not many of these pop acts from here. If they went with so-called 'singers' like Matthews, Ritchie Remo and Jim Devine singing drivel and had Alison Spittle in there too doing some country culchie 'joke', that would be dire.

Big Tom has sadly passed away... :(

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0417/955054-irish-country-legend-big-tom-mcbride-dies/

RIP - Friday’s Country music special will certainly take on extra poignancy.

• Advertisement

Here's to Geno, here's to Eddie
    Here's to sad songs Big O sings
    Here's a letter from Elvis Presley
    Big Tom is still the King

From Rock and Roll Paddy, by Shane MacGowan

Big Tom has sadly passed away... :(

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0417/955054-irish-country-legend-big-tom-mcbride-dies/

RIP - Friday’s Country music special will certainly take on extra poignancy.
    On last post here I was wishing big tom would be on the country and western LLS. May he rest in peace.

Advertisement