Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Charge For a Return

Options
  • 13-04-2018 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just looking to see if I can get a bit of info on this,

Bought a large order of keyrings off a business as I needed them for use in my business, they were described as a particular size on their website but when I got them they were much smaller than described and literally no use to me. I emailed the person I was dealing with and it took me over a month to get a straight answer from them regarding a return. I returned them to them at my own expense this week. I again had to chase them down, now they want to deduct a 15% service charge for me returning them.

Where do I stand on this? I`m not so keen of giving them the service charge because if they had of supplied me with the right Items in the first place I wouldn't of returned them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved as OP is not legally a consumer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

When it's B2B there's a lot less rights. Even so this is pretty poor form from them given the product wasn't as described and you covered postage! These type of restocking charges used to be fairly common but you don't often see them any more. Do they have T&Cs on their website where it lists the charges? If they do it's hard to argue it really. Where are they based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

jimmii wrote: »
    When it's B2B there's a lot less rights. Even so this is pretty poor form from them given the product wasn't as described and you covered postage! These type of restocking charges used to be fairly common but you don't often see them any more. Do they have T&Cs on their website where it lists the charges? If they do it's hard to argue it really. Where are they based?

They are based in Dublin, T&C`s on the website do reference the service charge but its outlined as a change of mind rather than an error on their part. If the service they provided had of been even somewhat decent then I probably wouldn't mind the service charge all that much but I can honestly say they are the worst business I`ve ever dealt with so for them to try and plonk a service charge on it seems a bit rich

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'd just insist on a full refund and if they refuse and only credit you the 85% you could invoice them the outstanding amount and then put it in debt recovery if they still didn't pay. Is it worth the hassle though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

jimmii wrote: »
    I'd just insist on a full refund and if they refuse and only credit you the 85% you could invoice them the outstanding amount and then put it in debt recovery if they still didn't pay. Is it worth the hassle though?

Probably not worth the hassle if it comes to it, I`m fairly intent on standing my ground on it anyway about getting a full refund from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement