Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Superstar Shakeup *Use spoiler tags if needed*

Options
  • 14-04-2018 7:00am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On Monday / Tuesday the wwe will set their rosters (perhaps with the exception of Owens & Zayn) for the next year plus. What do you think they will do, what do you think they should do?

Here are my predictions:

Going to Raw:

Charlotte
    Natalya
    Baron Corbin
    The Usos
    Rusev

Charlotte dropped her title and considering she just broke Asukas streak could only be booked to win it back unless you send her to Raw where she will eventually be needed for a horsewoman feud and where after her time away she has fresh feuds waiting for her.

Natalya could be one of Ronda's early TV feuds, help her along the way and she has been on SD since the start so at least she would provide more fresh match ups at that level.

Corbin similarily has faced everyone on SD many times while still needs time to develop on the undercard. Raw could benefit from a big main event heel especially if one I think will go to SD does.

The Usos built themselves back up on SD and I think they could get a Raw push now where they would be different to whats already in their division and SD might have to give up a tag team like them if they add any themselves.

With Rusev hopefully they turn the Rusev gossip into some sort of storyline and maybe push him after a return to Raw. SD don't seem to be using him like I thought they might

Also think Raw already got more call ups / returns so it could actually be 50/50 in terms of which brand gets the best picks in the shake up

Going to SD:

Asuka
    Finn Balor
    Gallows & Anderson
    Big Cass
    Andrade "Cian" Almas & Zelina Vega

Asuka

Nobody was ready for Asuka on Raw so she goes to SD where maybe someone can challenge her (other than Charlotte who goes the other way)

Balor

Finn being on the same brand as AJ, Nakamura & Daniel Bryan... yes please! There he could be a world champion as on Raw since his injury he has just been in upper midcard non storyline limbo.

Gallows & Anderson

Such a great tag team are essentially job guys on Raw sometimes while on SD with Balor and AJ they would have a lot going for themselves and after another big man team just debuted on Raw (AOP) they would probably have a lot more scope for growth on SD as well as just air time in general.

Big Cass

For me this is a swap for Corbin but maybe big Cass could do with pastures new. Apparently they split IRL so maybe they they would not put him back with Carmella although I do think that could work. It would also fully get him away from his last Raw memories and the Enzo Stank.

Almas & Vega

I had heard his name thrown around for a post Mania call up and given they have drafted an NXT guy before why not use this to promote Almas being called up and they got it right when they paired him with Vega so keep it that way

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Based mostly on what happened on this week's Raw and Smackdown. So, yeah, spoilers obviously....

Raw gets:

Danial Bryan - He's a massive name, a massive story and thus Vince will want him on Raw. Which is suicide for Reigns, and causes all the problems to bubble up again. But I'd guarantee we'll be seeing Reigns vs Bryan asap. Felt like they wrote him off Smackdown last week too, removing his GM position and burning the Bryan/Styles match, as if they wouldn't get a chance to do so again soon.

Charlotte - Drops the title on Smackdown, which felt like a quick write off for her on that show, to let her move to Raw.

New Day - I think either New Day or Usos get moved over, and New Day felt like they were the ones written off.

Two of Roode, Corbin and Ziggler - Feel all three could do with a brand change to freshen them up a bit.

Sanity - To feud with Wyatt/Matt.

Becky - Get all 4 horsewomen on Raw, so that when Charlotte feuds with Ronda, they can do the long rumoured 4 vs 4 match.

Smackdown gets:

Brawn Strowman - There's enough guys at the top of Raw right now, doubly so if you're talking monster types (Joe and Reigns and Brock). If Bryan switched over too, there's less for him to do there at the top of the card. So shift him over to Smackdown where there's no giants and he can be a legit main eventer.

Finn Balor - Nothing to do on Raw, same as Brawn. He's not considered a top guy on Raw, but with Styles and Nakamura, can be a top guy on Smackdown easily.

Cesaro/Sheamus - Swap for New Day. Both need new opponents, and would thrive on Smackdown as a team and as singles stars.

Jeff Hardy - Could see him switching over to Smackdown to really solidify the fact he's on his own now, away from the Broken stuff on Raw.

Almas - As BH said, looks set for a call up, and Smackdown will see him get more than Raw will.

One or both of Absolution - Paige is gone anyway, the two are useless as a team without her. Probably see Deville move over to balance the women's roster a bit.

Considerations

If Bryan doesn't move to Raw on Monday, then I think Miz moves to Smackdown Tuesday. Miz would benefit way more on Smackdown anyway, and would have a better shot at being a main eventer there.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a Rollins/Orton switch either, so there's titles flipping shows. And then we move into Rollins vs Jinder and Orton vs whoever on Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

RAW to be land of giants, Gimmicks and Womens wrestling.

Smackdown to be more wrestler over character.

RAW will have the Braun, Lashley, Joe and Reigns. Then the Elias, Miz, Mart Hardy, Bray Wyatts.

Smackdown with Bryan, AJ, Nakamura.

So the big moves that could be viewed as swaps would be Orton and Rollins. It is time for Rollins to step up and with Bryan back they no longer need Orton on Smackdown.

Balor Club and New Day.

Sheamus or Cesaro to move to Smackdown to slit the team. Would be typical for WWE to randomly split them to put over how anything can happen in the shake up.

Asuka and Charlotte be swapped over.

RAW get:
    Orton
    New Day
    Charlotte
    Jinder
    Corbin
    Fandango and Breeze

Smackdown to get:
    Rollins
    Balor Club
    Asuka
    Cesaro
    Absolution
    Rhyno and Slater

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Going to Raw:

Daniel Bryan
    Baron Corbin
    New Day
    Jinder Mahal
    Dolph Ziggler
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte
    Natalya

Going to Smackdown:

Finn Balor
    Sheamus
    Cesaro
    Seth Rollins
    The Revival
    Sasha Banks
    Asuka
    Ember Moon

I think they'll swap the US and IC Titles to the other show.

I'd love to see New Day broken up because I'm bored with the act and I'd love to see Big E get a singles run but I doubt that will happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Smackdown to become NXT 2.0? When you graduate to the main roster, after a while you will end up on SD. Looking at peoples lists so far

Finn, The Revival, Sasha Banks, Almas, Asuka, Absolution, Big Cass all could be moving

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

To Raw

Daniel Bryan (household name and is trending heavily atm)
    Baron Corbin
    Bobby Roode
    Jinder Mahel
    Randy Orton
    Tye Dillinger
    New Day
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte
    Total-12

To SD
    Finn Balor
    Seth Rollins
    AOP
    Jeff Hardy
    Titus O Neil and Apollo
    Sasha Banks
    Bayley
    Almas and Vega
    Colin Cassidy (Big Cass)
    Curt Hawkins
    Revivial
    Total- 15

I think SD needs more on the roster than Raw. Its really hard to predict

What i laugh at is at Survivor Series guys will be all 'I love my brand and 100% behind them' and look back and there all about the other brand lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

To RAW
    Randy Orton
    Baron Corbin
    Charlotte
    Natalya
    Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods
    Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin

To SMACKDOWN
    Finn Balor
    Big Cass
    Sasha Banks
    Bayley
    The Revival
    Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows

I'd have heel turns on Raw for Asuka, Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose whenever he returns.
    In Smackdown I'd turn Bobby Roode heel, and maybe Balor in time.

Edit: Forgot about Owens and Zayn. I figure they'll resurface on Smackdown, in which case I see at least one, if not two of Jinder, Ziggler and Roode moving to Raw. As a general rule of thumb, Smackdown gets plundered in these shake-ups.

Will they draft Aidan English away from Rusev to bury Rusev further ??

A lot of Rusev day comes down to English and possibly without him it won't be as big

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ain't these things usually weighed heavily in Raw's favour so I imagine SD will get 2/3 capable of slotting into the main event instantly while Raw gets 1 or 2 big names with a fair couple of guys/women to beef up the mod card.

If I had to to guess, to SD:

Balor
    Asuka
    Gallows and Anderson

To Raw:

Charlotte
    Natalya
    Corbin
    Orton
    Breezango

Bryan I don't want to but probably will. Needs to be launched straight back into the ME and Naka/AJ looks like it's going to work without him being a 3rd wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RAW
    Daniel Bryan
    Becky Lynch
    Randy Orton
    The Usos

SMACKDOWN
    Braun
    Seth Rollins
    Finn Balor
    Gallows & Anderson
    Asuka

Also 2nd Mr. Nice Guy's point, would love to see The New Day go their separate ways and Big E getting a monster push...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So can we expect a spate of "Future Endeavors" starting from Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Smackdown the big winner now all they need is a good writers and producers to get some storylines going.

The big loser for me is Finn.

The tag divisions now

Raw (No champs)
    The Authors of Pain
    The Ascension
    Heath Slater and Rhyno
    Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews
    The Revival
    Breezango
    Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt
    Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler

SmackDown
    The New Day
    The Usos
    Bludgeon Brothers (champs)
    Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
    SANITY
    Sheamus and Cesaro.
    Rusev and Aiden English

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I see sanity were drafted to smack down. Is that all of them including Nikki Cross ? I wonder will nikki drop the sanity gimmick if she wasn't drafted to the main roster.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I see sanity were drafted to smack down. Is that all of them including Nikki Cross ? I wonder will nikki drop the sanity gimmick if she wasn't drafted to the main roster.

She wasn't shown on the graphic only the 3 guys ??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    She wasn't shown on the graphic only the 3 guys ??

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The tag divisions now

Raw (No champs)
    The Authors of Pain
    The Ascension
    Heath Slater and Rhyno
    Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews
    The Revival
    Breezango
    Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt
    Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler

SmackDown
    The New Day
    The Usos
    Bludgeon Brothers (champs)
    Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
    SANITY
    Sheamus and Cesaro.
    Rusev and Aiden English

The revival have to be getting a decent push soon

Otherwise Raws tag division is going to be nothing but pre show fodder for the next year

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Was wondering that as well but from what I see online, she's being kept in NXT because herself and Kairi are seen as the only credible threats to Shayna at the moment.

Otherwise Raws tag division is going to be nothing but pre show fodder for the next year

The problem they have is how to push teams that have been constantly buried up til now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Authors of Pain and Dolph w McIntyre as heels.

Matt and Bray, Titus Worldwide as faces.

Revival were very NXT, don't see them getting anywhere on main roster.

Authors of Pain will run through a lot of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DM_7 wrote: »
    Authors of Pain and Dolph w McIntyre as heels.

Matt and Bray, Titus Worldwide as faces.

Revival were very NXT, don't see them getting anywhere on main roster.

Authors of Pain will run through a lot of teams.

Dont care about any of those 4, two of them wont be teams in 6 months

Aop are good but will be missing a spark without Ellering, and for them to work you’d need a good foil as faces and there’s no proper team for me

This is why i think one brand should have a tag division and one should have the womens division, when spread theyre both fairly thin but combine them and it’s 1 stacked division each

Advertisement