Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 34 Matchday Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Can we take a moment to appreciate Izquierdo this DGW?

Goal and assist isn't too shabby if not quite setting the world alight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have broken free of the 200k graveyard
    If only for one night I’m happy :)

So close to grobb and Kane tying for 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Treading water so far on 55 points...8 left to go including treble captain Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Finished with 28 from BB, delighted with that, TAA and Milli the heros.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Well I'd have taken that at HT!!!!!

87 with 6 left
    Probably needed another kane goal to get back in contention for top spot in main league but in pole position for second now and I've moved right into contention for a brilliant prize in a free league
    Lot of permutations yet but

H
    E
    W
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

ShaneU wrote: »
    The fact that the dgw players are flopping is made so much worse by the fact that Sterling, Jesus, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Liverpool defence etc. all scored. Makes all the preparation seem pointless.

Yes, they sometimes make you veer from what you would have done otherwise. I hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

79 with 8 to go.

To those with a captained Kane. He outscored my 3 non captained Spurs. I think he did grand for the week that was. Though I understand higher standards are set upon him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

62 with 9 to play assuming Alonso gets banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

82 with 7 to play.

As a non-Lukaku owner I dream of a blank, but even just 1 goal would keep me where I need to be in my leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It’s hard to say how much the BB is worth to me so far. I was going to bench either Groß or Wood so looking at either 19 or 21 so far and all 3 Burnley left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Up to 75k and about 50 points away from top 20k. Probably not doable at this stage but I'd take top 50k after the slog of a season I've had .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

20 point hit looks to be working out for you? Decent score so far

I hadn't really been playing much attention to players the last few weeks so didn't have that many in for the double GW.

Either out of any leagues that I was in, or ahead in H2H by 100+ points against an inactive rival, so nothing to lose so kinda just made load of transfers, my transfers where

Mane, Firmino, Elliot, Zanka, Tosun and Willian out for
    Eriksen, Kane, McCarthy, Lowton, Barnes and Grob

Had I done nothing I probably would have been 10 points better off, but only had 2/3 left to play so probably even itself out.

Should probably add that I played the BB this week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A perfect evening tonight with only Gross & Kane.

71 pts on BB with 9 to play (including captain Lukaku ; almost everything relies on him now to make this DGW BB a success or not).

I don't thnik it's gonna be enough to save my season (especially considering the amount of hits GW35 & 37 will require) but so far I can't complain. Hopefully that continues...
    ShaneU wrote: »
    The fact that the dgw players are flopping is made so much worse by the fact that Sterling, Jesus, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Liverpool defence etc. all scored. Makes all the preparation seem pointless.
    I don't fully agree. I understand it's not a perfect DGW so far but tonight I'd have thought Gross & Kane were the 2 typical DGW players to own with maybe 1 of Eriksen or Son

Have unexpectedly cut lead in main leave from 100 to 50 points in main league . I had honestly given up . Probably still a bridge too far with no FH . Also moved 30 clear in second
    Tonight it is DDG and lukaku for me
    TC Sanchez for guy in top
    No players for guy in 3rd .........
    I’d need a lukaku goal and DDG clean sheet with nothing for Sanchez to start believing

TC Willian to come tomorrow night for lad in 3rd too

Up to 150k from 280k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up to 50 points. Amazing

A LOT of fringe players back in united squad
    Hard to know what type of team will be put out.......

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-team-news-bournemouth-14543041

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

58 with 8 to go. Could really, really do with Sanchez (c) starting tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

71pts (-4) with BB in play. Captain Lukaku and 6 more players to play. Very happy so far, especially as I've taken a 39pt lead from main leader, having trailed all season by quite a margin. One of the best hits I've taken in a while, but an obvious one all the same - Kane and Long in to bring in a nice 20+ pts.

EDIT: That lead could easily change tonight as main leader has TC on Sanchez. So I've definitely jinxed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

A couple of Lukaku goals tonight would reignite the fight in my money leagues. All my opponents had Kane captained to my Lukaku.

Massive game tonight. I'm 80 behind in my ml, so need big help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m on 51 with BB in play. I’ve Lukaku (c) and DDGea tonight could do with a couple of goals from Rom and a clean sheet. Perhaps even a peno stop from DeGea please if there is a god.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m on 51 with BB in play. I’ve Lukaku (c) and DDGea tonight could do with a couple of goals from Rom and a clean sheet. Perhaps even a peno stop from DeGea please if there is a god.

Step 1 - hope he starts
    It’s nota foregone conclusion

Romero has been the Fa Cup keeper so he would have started saturday and no fear of DDG rotation

Now DDG is the only experienced keeper available for Saturday
    I’m preparing myself for disappointment .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think Lukaku starts. I can't be sure of DDG, but I'd be 90% confident.

i just hope Austin starts for Southampton. He could offset the damage that Lukaku does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'd setlle for 20 mins of angry Sanchez capt coming off the bench. I've resigned myself to him not starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

I'd setlle for 20 mins of angry Sanchez capt coming off the bench. I've resigned myself to him not starting.

I'm resigned to him getting a hat trick and two assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

55 (-4) with a few to go.

Not hewt, not hewt at all. I spit in the face of hewt, hewt is dead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Assume you mean Kane? I got 9... So that's 3 x 3.

10 points total from two games a massive let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

callaway92 wrote: »
    10 points total from two games a massive let down.

Us Lukaku TCers would take it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

danganabu wrote: »
    Us Lukaku TCers would take it tbh

It's not good enough though. Before the gameweek I'd have wanted absolute minimum 12 points (36 total with TC).

• Advertisement

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-fa-cup-team-14546834

United are staying in London after the game until Fa Cup semi
    That explains the 25 man travelling panel
    Expect to see the likes of Shaw carrick mctominay tonight ......

Advertisement