Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 34 Matchday Thread.

1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

109(-4) . Been a good 4 weeks since the Salah madness on the skinny week and then wildcard, up to nearly the dizzy heights of the top 200k. I'd be extatic if I could get to 5 figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

87 points with bench boost. In my 6 years playing FPL this has to rank right up there among the least enjoyable double gameweeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just seen a guy further down my league with 31 points on his bench. BB pissed away earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

McCarthy a hero getting 1 bps,

106(-20), BB played- would call that a success I reckon, probably a few more hits for next GW, but it's enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Danny Simpson has scored me a grand total of 7 points in the 5 gameweeks I've started him since bringing him in. What an utter disaster of a signing. Anyway, 84(-4) with no chip played, could have been better but definitely could have been worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

93 no hits with bench boost played.

Probably needed bigger if I'm to win my league though.

4 points behind leader, we both have TC but he has a wildcard left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

87 points with bench boost.

Snap.

Pretty poor week but I imagine frustrating for s lot. My bench / sgws did quite well so I would call the chip use a success.

I also didn't hamstring my team to max out dgwers so all in all not a bad week as I think I should be well enough set up for gw35.

Title race in the boards league very juicy now, I think myself and t-bone (think that's the poster's name) will have literally the exact same overall tally once the leagues update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

After all that I move up 162 places woo hoo! Any greens a good green though right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

In a normal GW I'd snap your hand off for 95 points.
    But in a BB DGW it's slightly underwhelming.
    Still, it gives me a decent enough rise from 10.1k to 7.2k, so I guess it was reasonably successful.

My frustration comes from what might have been. So many of my 50/50 calls on GW32 wildcard have been punished:
    Morgan over Chilwell
    Vertonghen over Smalling
    Mahrez & Barnes over Vardy & Gudmundsson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

59 gives me a 50k drop to 140k. That was as bad a game week as I've ever had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

81(-4) a success for me. Also on need to take a - 4 next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gw rank 12k !!!
    Halved my OR to 140k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

GW ranking 1605. Up to the heady heights of the top half million. For me anyway, the wildcard and dgw BB has been a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

114. Moved from 7.7k to 2.8k.

14 came from the bench. I'd say meh BB wise but it was the highest number of points on my bench all season so I guess so far it seems the best week to have done it.

Captain Wood Moses and Gross all got double figures. Davies PVA and Austin less impressive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

83 (-4) with TC Lukaku. Fell from 31k to 34k, but somehow managed to score the highest of the top 4 in my ML!

WC this week, BB in 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

107 in the end. Since I played my wildcard in 32 I have gone from 786k to 460k. If only I could have made this progress earlier in the season.
    Free hit this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Who was it that TC'd Willian? This must be sick this morning. Tough one to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Genuinely disastrous FH. Laughable by the end in all honesty. Thankfully with a FH you don't have to live with the consequences.

Rank doubled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

87 points sees me rise nearly 6k in the rankings to just inside 41k.

It could have been so much better though had I went for Smalling over Bailly, Morgan started both games and Alonso kept his cool. Despite all that, I'm up to my highest ranking since GW21. Free hit and triple captain still left to play so got to keep pushing for a top 10k place.

Markx wrote: »
    Genuinely disastrous FH. Laughable by the end in all honesty. Thankfully with a FH you don't have to live with the consequences.

Rank doubled.

Logically the FH made sense its hard to believe how wrong it went. Looking through my leagues all the lower scores are the people that played FH. Myself, yourself, Mr P , lemlin , swiper all played FH all had a poor score. I was well beaten by zombie teams in a lot of instances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

89 for the week. I'll take that. Especially considering that I've extended my lead in my money league by 35 points to 107. :D Victory is within my grasp. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

82(-4) with TC Lukaku.

No FH or Wildcard but using my FT I have 11 players (12 if counting sub goalie) for GW 36.

Will play BB in GW37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Who was it that TC'd Willian? This must be sick this morning. Tough one to swallow.

The lad who was ahead of me in main league
    He is no longer ahead of me ;)

It was a crazy call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

69 (-4) with BB
    This season has been a grind and this week (and WC last week) has killed any hopes of a decent finish.
    We'll see if I get the trifecta of doom this week with the FH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

108 with BB used. Jumped approx 17000 places to 16189 OR and about 500 in Ireland to 832.

On course for my highest ever OR finish. Just need the TC to work in 37 and hope my 11 for this coming week actually play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

79 but my 4 players last night were Willian, Fabregas, Vardy,,,,,,, and Kevin Long !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

116 pts with an estimated 24 pts BB (Pope, Tomkins, Mustafi, Mili). Up 75k to 63k.

A great success despite a few things that did not go right. Morgan denied CS, the Burnley def returning nothng (bar King that I don't have), Mahrez & Willian "blanks", Mustafi 1 pointer, Kane & Lukaku (C) minimum returns etc...
    All that said I can consider myself fortunate enough compare to many who had more blankers...
    And anyway with a 6,920 GW rank I can only STFU :pac:.

Logically the FH made sense its hard to believe how wrong it went. Looking through my leagues all the lower scores are the people that played FH. Myself, yourself, Mr P , lemlin , swiper all played FH all had a poor score. I was well beaten by zombie teams in a lot of instances.
    I've been away for quite a while so my question might sound stupid but what was the thinking behind using the FH for a DGW? I missed the part of the season where we got to know the blanks & DGWs so I reacted with the masses with minimum planning (in practice I kinda copied my missus' team who's hammering me this season :p). But i'd have thought the FH was "perfectly" designed for blanks GW.

That said, and despite your FH ending in some kinda disaster, have you estimated the amount of points you gained/lost through it? 'Cause mine, which I did consider pretty successful (GW31 114 pts), I found earlier that I "only" gained 14 pts out of it, which is decent/good I don't know but nothing crazy anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

75 (-12) no chips - 22 points on my bench including 9 from Milivojevic and 11 from Zanka. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

79 points

30k rise to 518k

Beginning to think I won't break 100k this season....

Am I arrogant enough to suggest that this might suggest that there's a lot more "active" players in the last year or two? The answer is yes :pac:

Anecdotally it certainly seems like there's a huge rise in popularity in the game. I'm the first to admit I haven't done well, or spent quite as much time on the game as before but I don't feel like I've done much wrong. I didn't ignore form players for the sake of it. Yaya/Ramsey in their heyday being the best example but even then my season from hell resulted in 166k end of season score.

Against all that is a 5k finish last year.

There are still 4 GWs left and consistently I end the season well so I could hit 400k but that's still spectacularly awful, and I'm not sure how? I missed the first few weeks of Salah, and didn't captain him for a while after owning him BUT that alone shouldn't be enough to see me plummet? Especially as I didn't do a Mr. P and shun his points.

Anyway the highest rank of the season was 324k in GW4 and I've only been inside 400k in 3 GWs - GW21 and GW24 also. After a slow start to the season I've spent most of it hovering between 400k and 600k without any movement.

If I'm right in that there's more active players (albeit following the prominent accounts including FPL itself) does that mean a good start is more important than it ever was? Traditionally it wasn't a problem to a consistent 10k finish if you started slowly (I'm talking up until Christmas hanging around in the peloton) but only for a really special season, but it's harder to rise if there's more cream in the cup.

TL;DR

Am I now sh!te and just looking for a reason to excuse that?

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »

I've been away for quite a while so my question might sound stupid but what was the thinking behind using the FH for a DGW? I missed the part of the season where we got to know the blanks & DGWs so I reacted with the masses with minimum planning (in practice I kinda copied my missus' team who's hammering me this season :p). But i'd have thought the FH was "perfectly" designed for blanks GW

That said, and despite your FH ending in some kinda disaster, have you estimated the amount of points you gained/lost through it? 'Cause mine, which I did consider pretty successful (GW31 114 pts), I found earlier that I "only" gained 14 pts out of it, which is decent/good I don't know but nothing crazy anyhow.

I played my wildcard early and had planned to FH in 35. However when the doubles were announced I realised I already had a strong 35 team . My 34 team wasn't great and I wasn't that keen on utd players apart from dgw 34 so didn't want to get them in. So for me I'd a choice of going from 8/9 players in gw 35 to 11 players with my FH or going from 16 players in gw34 to 22 players. It also was going to allow me get in city players in 35 and keep them which is what I wanted.
    My gw 34 team before changes got 65 pts for 10 players if I didn't play FH I'd either have got lowton or gudmundson so either 68 or 78 pts. So I either lost 9 or 19 pts on a FH . I think you could expect to gain on a FH approx 20 pts . So instead of gaining on a FH your losing is a double blow.
    It was just one of those weeks. I was in the position where I could go big on the two teams I expected most from utd and spurs. The players I picked didn't deliver or in a lot of cases didn't play.
    Sanchez captain, alli left out of second game, lukaku, Morgan the captain not starting and Austin who was the one risk in my eyes not starting either game but I've no complaints about that one.
    I also felt having the most up to date info when picking the dgw players would help over lads that had to pick their dgw players in gw32.

Advertisement