Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download

Options
  • 14-04-2018 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi, going over to download for the first time. Any one else heading over ? Any tips from people who have being over before ? Thinking of driving would people recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Assuming you mean Donington (as there's now DLs in France/Spain) unless fear of flying or something not sure why you'd drive tbh the airport is literally 10 mins up the road from the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I'm going to download in Madrid this year. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Yes in donington. We thinking getting boat as there is 4 of us going so could be handy to just pack up all the gear into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I wish one day Download will be back to Dublin. 2006 was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

ccarr wrote: »
    Yes in donington. We thinking getting boat as there is 4 of us going so could be handy to just pack up all the gear into the car.

I have flown to download, and gotten the boat.

If I could borrow a quote from gandalf, Fly,you fools. If you never take another piece if advice from an Internet stranger again, please take mine.

The driving TO download is fantastic, spirits are high, the countryside rolling by, surrounded by good friends, excited for the weekend to come.

Driving back from download was one of the worst experiences of my life. Wales goes on forever. Stony silence in the car. Smelly gear. Smelly men. Then the horrible boat, rocking side to side. Hours and hours and hours at sea.

Flying is a little bit inconvenient with the gear. But the trip is only an hour or so. East Midlands Airport is literally right beside the site so you don't deal with any of the crazy traffic.

Enjoy the weekend whatever you decide to do. It's an incredible spot. Make sure to get up to the doghouse on the Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Never got the boat myself but flew twice to it. Incredibly convenient and cheap. Last time we got flights for €20 return and then got a check in bags between 2 of us with a group of about 6 to throw in our tents and any extra bits and pieces so really can't complain about travel costs.

As others have said also, the airport it literally a 7 or 8 minute taxi ride from the site (about £3 a head) or you could even walk it in about 20 minutes or so.

Personally I think you'd be mad to drive when you can be at the site in about 2 hours all in by flying

Advertisement