Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim network unlock puk

Options
  • 14-04-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

When I enter the unlocking code into my Samsung galaxy s7 it accepts that but then it asks me for sim network unlock puk. Any idea how I get this?? Customer care told me to go to a store but they told me to contact care.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    When I enter the unlocking code into my Samsung galaxy s7 it accepts that but then it asks me for sim network unlock puk.  Any idea how I get this??  Customer care told me to go to a store but they told me to contact care.
    Hi Sugarbomb 

The Puk code is printed on the back of the original sim pack you receive. In order to obtain this, you will need to call our support team, they will ask you a number of data protection questions and then once they are answered correctly they will advise you of the PUK.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Isn’t that the sim puk though?? I was told that I need the sim network unlock puk. I or are these the same thing?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Isn’t that the sim puk though?? I was told that I need the sim network unlock puk.  I or are these the same thing?.

Can you confirm if you are trying to unlock the phone to use the SIM or unlock the handset to use a different network?  

Can you also confirm if this handset was purchased by yourself with us? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

The phone is a Samsung galaxy s7 that I bought in an eir store.

I want to unlock it to use with another network.

The phone is a Samsung galaxy s7 that I bought in an eir store.

I want to unlock it to use with another network.
    In order to have your handset unlocked you will need to contact our support team on 1901, they will request the unlock code on your behalf.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

In order to have your handset unlocked you will need to contact our support team on 1901, they will request the unlock code on your behalf.

Thanks

Thomas

But I do have the unlock code. What I need is the sim network unlock puk.

Thanks

Thomas

But I do have the unlock code.  What I need is the sim network unlock puk.
    You will need to enter the code when prompted, once the new sim is inserted. 

Thanks

Thomas

I did. It then asks me for sim network unlock puk.

I did. It then asks me for sim network unlock puk.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

I did.  It then asks me for sim network unlock puk.
    Can you let me know how you get on as I am having the same problem. Customer care told me to ring Samsung which I did who told me it was Eir who generate the Sim Network unlock Puk. Rang Customer care again whom gave me the Sim Puk again explained it was the Sim Network unlock Puk I needed. Was told then to bring it in to an Eir shop and would need to get the phone flashed. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I did.  It then asks me for sim network unlock puk.
    I would recommend contacting our support team on 1901 to get clarity on this, it sounds as though there may be some troublshooting required.

Thanks

Thomas

The support team were unable to provide any clarity on this.

Pocaide wrote: »
    The support team were unable to provide any clarity on this.
    If they are contacted directly on 1901 they will provide clarity on this after troubleshooting.

Thanks

Thomas

If flashing the phone is clarity I beg to differ.

Advertisement