Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Rollout

Options
  • 14-04-2018 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me out please, my area is in the fibre rollout area for this year and the poll outside the house is currently having the upgrades going on.

However my house is a new build and is currently not on the fibre map yet my neighbors including my immediate next door are.

Anyway to tell if I will be covered ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Any update on this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Calhoun wrote: »
    Hi,

I wonder if you can help me out please, my area is in the fibre rollout area for this year and the poll outside the house is currently having the upgrades going on.

However my house is a new build and is currently not on the fibre map yet my neighbors including my immediate next door are.

Thanks

The reps you are dealing with here work for eir retail. The people you need to talk to are Openeir (eir wholesale). They are separate organisations.

What you need to do is email fibrepower@openeir.ie explaining your new build situation. Give as much detail as possible, your Eircode, Eircodes of neighbours both sides that are included in the rollout. Ask for your Eircode to be added to the APQ file that is sent to retail ISPs. Be persistent. Expect to have to email several times. If your area is not currently live you may have to wait until it goes live for your premises to be added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Any update on this please.
    Hi Calhoun, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Feel free to PM me your full address, name and eircode and I'll have a look into this for you.  

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Hi,

Thanks

The reps you are dealing with here work for eir retail. The people you need to talk to are Openeir (eir wholesale). They are separate organisations.

What you need to do is email fibrepower@openeir.ie explaining your new build situation. Give as much detail as possible, your Eircode, Eircodes of neighbours both sides that are included in the rollout. Ask for your Eircode to be added to the APQ file that is sent to retail ISPs. Be persistent. Expect to have to email several times. If your area is not currently live you may have to wait until it goes live for your premises to be added.
    Thank you very much sir, surprisingly hard to get an answer on this one. I knew i had to deal with open air but no clear contact for them.

KN are actually outside at the moment on the poles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Thank you very much sir, surprisingly hard to get an answer on this one. I knew i had to deal with open air but no clear contact for them.

KN are actually outside at the moment on the poles.

It's a messy situation. Openeir are not supposed to deal with the public directly so new builds such as yourself can get left in limbo as the retail ISPs can only go on the APQ file that they receive.

If KN are still working outside it sounds like the area is not yet live. As I said you may have to wait until the area is live to get your premises added and there is no guarantee that they will add you but hopefully you get a favourable response.

• Advertisement
Advertisement