Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing IPhone battery, Galway CompuB

Options
  • 14-04-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

I’m curious if anybody has had there battery on iPhone replaced in Galway. With iPhone 6s you can get original replacement for cheap. As far as I know CompuB is the only place to get an original iPhone battery replacement in Galway but I’m being told I have to leave my phone in the shop for approx 5 days to get it done which seems ridiculous?

They said they need to get a code from my phone to order the battery but that I need to leave the phone in the shop while they place the order for the replacement which seems ridiculous.

Anybody know a better option that this?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think Galway was mentioned somewhere in this thread about batteries: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823764

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

b4bmm wrote: »
    I’m curious if anybody has had there battery on iPhone replaced in Galway. With iPhone 6s you can get original replacement for cheap. As far as I know CompuB is the only place to get an original iPhone battery replacement in Galway but I’m being told I have to leave my phone in the shop for approx 5 days to get it done which seems ridiculous?

They said they need to get a code from my phone to order the battery but that I need to leave the phone in the shop while they place the order for the replacement which seems ridiculous.

Anybody know a better option that this?

They need to physically inspect your phone for damage and then run a brief diagnostic on it before accepting it into the battery replacement programme. If they do not have the replacement in stock, you will have to come back when it comes in. No need to leave the phone with them until its time for the replacement. Even then it should be at most a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Marcusm wrote: »
    They need to physically inspect your phone for damage and then run a brief diagnostic on it before accepting it into the battery replacement programme. If they do not have the replacement in stock, you will have to come back when it comes in. No need to leave the phone with them until its time for the replacement. Even then it should be at most a few hours.

This.

I left my 6 with them for the diagnostic (about 30 minutes, but I rang ahead to make sure they could see me that day) and they said it would be up to a fortnight before they'd have a battery in stock, so they gave the phone back to me and they said they'd call me when the battery arrived. Luckily, they got some batteries in later that day, and they rang me to tell me to drop in the next morning. Did that, and it took about 30 minutes.

Advertisement