Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac replacement & backup options

Options
  • 14-04-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd throw out a question to the good people here in C&T to get some advice...
    I have an old Macbook with a 750GB HDD that I back up to an external 1TB hard drive using TimeMachine. Theres about 700GB of data on the Mac, mostly music and movies in iTunes. I want to get a new MacBook, but the new ones come with lower capacity SS drives so I obviously can't copy across everything from the old machine to the new one.
    I don't want to spend loads of time going through my current files to delete unnecessary versions etc.
    I'd be happy to start with none of my files on my new mac but have my 700GB of current data available on a home network or cloud drive, but theres no way Im paying €120 a year to Apple for iCloud.

Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement