Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14" BEKO CRT TV

Options
  • 14-04-2018 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi. I have a 14" Beko CRT TV that I use for playing consoles from NES all the way but to PS2 / Gamecube etc.

I have replaced a walker 21" set as when it was powered off it was emitting an orange beam where there shouldn't have been any voltage in the anode and cathode. Bad caps likely? Even so I'd have to be sure it's completely discharged before trying to go at it soldering.

Anyway the Beko:

I don't know a lot about them exactly apart from the high voltages which I'm aware of.

Anyway the 14" one I have had terrible focus which I've adjusted, but I also tweaked the screen pot on the flyback while I was at it. It seems I have a partial short between blue and G2 if I'm right?

Basically the screen will go blue with retrace lines if I higher up the screen pot until I lower the screen pot a certain amount. the problem is then if I change the resolution between 50/60hz I sometimes get a bright flicker for about 1/4 of a second and it fades back to normal quickly. It also went a bit blue at the intro to the first level in Rayman 2 on Dreamcast for a second. I reloaded the level and it does it every time. Should lowering the screen pot sort that out even for now?

I seen elsewhere I should have the screen as high as possible without getting the colour and retrace lines but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm assuming that it's definitely got a blue to G2 partial short anyway as it only happens with blue.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement