Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Rifles Same Calibre ?

Options
  • 14-04-2018 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Quick one heard conflicting reports that you’re not aloud Licence two rifles of the same calibre any truth to this ?

Cheers in advance

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

No. I know of people who have the same calibre including myself for different rifles. Ive a .22 bolt and semi auto. Really comes down to what Super thinks on that one. Once you can justify the need and use of it there should be no issue. Can get a little tricky with Restricted Firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭CZ455Mad

That’s what I thought! Was hearing different stories from “ Mr Always Right “ and was looking to get a second .17 HMR because it’s a buddy selling it but can’t really think of a good reason yet for the application

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Hack12

Its unrestricted so I would just send it in as a standard application and if they do come back then give a reason for two of the same calibre. I had two 22 semi auto at one stage and no questions asked. If asked it can be as simple as one you use with a scope the other you don't or duel licence it with your friend so you can use it while hunting. More than likely they will just ussue the cert no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭CZ455Mad

That’s for the words of wisdom

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Same, same, I had two .22 bolt action, same make and model. I was never asked, but had both for hunting / vermin control. If asked I would have said one was for quiet work with LV ammo and the other for HV .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No problem with restricted shotguns either.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Ive had a semi auto .22lr for a couple of years and got my license for .22lr bolt this week .I put a note on the application explaining my "good reason" for two rifles of the same caliber and got the license within 3 weeks.
    As always , good reason is the important part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

I've had three 22LR bolt action rifles licensed at the same time at one stage, and have two at the moment.
    As long as there's a good reason for each then you're grand.

Advertisement