Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club 92 opening year?

Options
  • 14-04-2018 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

What year did club 92 in leopards town officially open? does anyone remember what year?

Was it a nightclub before 92 or was it something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Been a nightclub in the racecourse since at least the 1980s. Was called Blinkers at some point before being Club '92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

L1011 wrote: »
    Been a nightclub in the racecourse since at least the 1980s. Was called Blinkers at some point before being Club '92

It was renamed in 1992 I believe and the name has renamed to this day despite it now being 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My folks met there in February 1978 but it was called Blinkers at the time. Same building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Stephen15 wrote: »
    It was renamed in 1992 I believe and the name has renamed to this day despite it now being 2018.

So that must explain the "92" in the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

tomofson wrote: »
    So that must explain the "92" in the name.

Yes exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Digs wrote: »
    My folks met there in February 1978 but it was called Blinkers at the time. Same building.
    They do call it the club of love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

What year did club 92 in leopards town officially open? does anyone remember what year?

You must be a young fella :)

A good Friday night was lep inn followed by jonahs bar and then upstairs to blinkers.

It was definitely around in early eighties.

I still remember the plate of "curry" served at 1am

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CeilingFly wrote: »

A good Friday night was lep inn followed by jonahs bar and then upstairs to blinkers.

Alternatively if you didn't fancy the walk, you could skip Jonah's and Blinkers and head upstairs in the Lep Inn to Cleo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

ted1 wrote: »
    They do call it the club of love

Myself and my siblings are eternally grateful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Just been told by my very old brother :) that blinkers was definitely open in 1976 - he had his 18th birthday there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

CeilingFly wrote: »

It was definitely around in early eighties.

I still remember the plate of "curry" served at 1am
    I think the meals in night clubs only ended around 2000 I remember the curries in club Sarah in 98 and a while afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

2003 I think, was also what allowed late licences be issued to normal pubs not restricted classes. That's why they were almost all in hotels or racecourses before.

Advertisement