Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Eir disaster. Why did I switch!!

Options
  • 14-04-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

Was with Virgin media/UPC for the last 7 years. Everything was going great until I saw the new Eir offer and as a fool I fell for that.

The technician came and did the installalation. I asked him if the equipment can be installed at a place that we want. He kept on saying there is only 1 place in the whole house that this can be done and started making excuses like he would have to drill etc etc. I thought it was OK as long as there is good WIFI signal.

Started to use it after 2 days (once my Virgin media contract finished). 
    The Wifi kept dropping at all times. I am into IT and I changed the channels etc., spent one whole day trying to find the best configuration, but no avail.

Finally called tech support (their website says there is no tech support on Weekends, but I dialled the number and was able to reach them). 

To my complete shock, they said that as I have "tested" written on my modem and I am using a refurbished modem which is faulty and they will send a new one which should come in next 3 days.

What a joke!!
    A new installation and the modem that I get is not a new one (but a faulty refurbished one)? Now 4 days are gone and they are asking me to contact the Customer care if I want to increase the cooling period. What a waste of time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

suave.4u wrote: »
    Was with Virgin media/UPC for the last 7 years. Everything was going great until I saw the new Eir offer and as a fool I fell for that.

The technician came and did the installalation. I asked him if the equipment can be installed at a place that we want. He kept on saying there is only 1 place in the whole house that this can be done and started making excuses like he would have to drill etc etc. I thought it was OK as long as there is good WIFI signal.

The Wifi kept dropping at all times. I am into IT and I changed the channels etc., spent one whole day trying to find the best configuration, but no avail.

Finally called tech support (their website says there is no tech support on Weekends, but I dialled the number and was able to reach them). 

To my complete shock, they said that as I have "tested" written on my modem and I am using a refurbished modem which is faulty and they will send a new one which should come in next 3 days.

What a joke!!
    A new installation and the modem that I get is not a new one (but a faulty refurbished one)? Now 4 days are gone and they are asking me to contact the Customer care if I want to increase the cooling period. What a waste of time.
    Hi suave.4u, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

The support team are open 24/7 on 1890 260 260. 

The customer care team will be able to add on the days to the cooling off period to cover the days you have no service. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll clarify the modem has been arranged for you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

What a joke!!
    Welcome to inept ,uncaring, eir

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

F2000 (which actua al huawei router which is the  same model used by other providers ) is know to be faulty on the 2.4Ghz. Dies after while.

see https://community.eir.ie/broadband-25/serious-issues-with-f2000-modem-266818.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Thank you Tracey; I have sent the PM.

As a new customer, i would expect the modem that is given to me is new. This does not enthuse much confidence.

I work from home most days. I connect to the office LAN, so one disconnect means that I lose all my work.
    Please let me know the status of the new modem and whether I can get the cooling period extended.

Kind Regards,

Thank you Tracey; I have sent the PM.

As a new customer, i would expect the modem that is given to me is new. This does not enthuse much confidence.

I work from home most days. I connect to the office LAN, so one disconnect means that I lose all my work.
    Please let me know the status of the new modem and whether I can get the cooling period extended.

Kind Regards,
    Thanks.

I understand, I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Thank you Tracey. You are very quick :-).

Thank you Tracey. You are very quick :-).
    No problem at all. I've responded to your latest PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So the new modem came in and the connection is perfect. Thank you Tracey and the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

So the new modem came in and the connection is perfect. Thank you Tracey and the team.
    I'm delighted to hear this.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you.
    One question. It has been 10 days since the cooling off period passed, but I haven't received the cashback email from win win.
    Do I have to do anything further?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you.
    One question. It has been 10 days since the cooling off period passed, but I haven't received the cashback email from win win.
    You will not receive the email from win win until the cooling off period has passed.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you.
    You will not receive the email from win win until the cooling off period has passed.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

The cooling period passed on 01.05.2018. and I haven't received am email from WIN WIN.

The below thread does not enthuse much confidence either:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057866275

Kind Regards,

Please can you check. Tracey has all the details.

Please can you check. Tracey has all the details.
    Hi suave.4u, 

I've responded to you through PM's there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thank you Tracey.
    Yes, please apply the EIR credit if possible.

Thank you Tracey.
    Yes, please apply the EIR credit if possible.
    No problem. 

I have applied this credit to your account for you now and will appear on your next bill issued on the 12th of June. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement