Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claim?

Options
  • 14-04-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey Liberty,

Someone dinged my car door in a car park while I was shopping. It's a small dent and the paint seems good though I'm unsure how much these things cost to repair. I'm fully comp with two years no claims and am over 25... my question is whether or not I can claim repair without affecting my no claims given how small the mark is?

Cheers,

Conor

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pay for it yourself and don't lose your NCB.
    Making a claim is likely to cost you more in the long term

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Condawgg

Thanks guys, will price around. Just found that liberty has step back no claims protection but it only counts if you have 4 or more years of no claims! Ridiculous that something obviously done by some .... in a car park hits his door on my car and I lose all those years of safe driving.

Condawgg wrote: »
    Thanks guys, will price around. Just found that liberty has step back no claims protection but it only counts if you have 4 or more years of no claims! Ridiculous that something obviously done by some .... in a car park hits his door on my car and I lose all those years of safe driving.
    Step back protection means nothing when it comes to ringing around for competing renewal quotes and the first question asked is if you have had any previous claims! Step back only means somethjbg if you stick with the same insurer (which is usually not as cheap as ringing around)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Condawgg

kbannon wrote: »
    Condawgg wrote: »
    Step back protection means nothing when it comes to ringing around for competing renewal quotes and the first question asked is if you have had any previous claims! Step back only means somethjbg if you stick with the same insurer (which is usually not as cheap as ringing around)
    Jesus, thanks for that kbannon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Look up dent magic and the likes.

Or look up on motors forum for a repairer in your area.

Don't claim as said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Just shows that car insurance is not car insurance at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If one claims they now become high risk.

It's terrible how bad it's got but it doesn't look like it will change.

Too much money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

If you're in Dublin, I would recommend DentPro. Top job done by them. No affiliation with them, just a happy customer.

Not sure what that is meant to mean. Insurance is based on risk. If you make a claim then you become a higher risk. It's fairly straight forward!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I pay the insurance company to cover me in the event of an accident. An agreement has been made between me and the insurance company. Why should I pay more on renewal date? It turns out I wasn't covered at all, because I am punished if I claim from the insurance company.

I pay the insurance company to cover me in the event of an accident. An agreement has been made between me and the insurance company. Why should I pay more on renewal date? It turns out I wasn't covered at all, because I am punished if I claim from the insurance company.
    Yeah, you obviously dont get the idea of insurance!
    As an insurance risk, you are quoted a price. If your risk level changes (either less risk from more years of no claims or by being a higher risk from making a claim) then any renewal is abllbased on the revised risk rating.
    Your agreement hadn't changed in any way.
    Nobody suggested that younwouldnt be covered (assuming you abide by the agreed contract).

• Company Representative Posts: 112 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Lisa K

Hi Condawgg, can you DM me with your policy details and I can get a member of our claims dept to give you a call. Lisa  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Hi Condawgg, can you DM me with your policy details and I can get a member of our claims dept to give you a call. Lisa  

You'll have to try harder than that

Advertisement