Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage refit costs/recommendations

Options
  • 14-04-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering what it would cost to get my garage fitted out with nice cabinets, shelves, counters and a workbench for my lathe. I'm very tight for space at the moment and always losing things I leave out there.

What do I look for on google? Like a carpenter or builder? Maybe there's some left field TV garage makeover show I could go on :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

whereabouts are you?

Could maybe have a look / give you a price depending on location

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Thank you - West Dublin, not far from Newlands Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Look on adverts at some of the kitchens people are selling for small money. You should easily find something to suit your garage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

2" * 2" & 3/4" ply will get you low level work bench with 2 flat surfaces. Then seperately one level up high for storage. Take a carpenter or fella handy with a saw no more than 1-2 days.

Good thinking. So it's a carpenter I need?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

Shtanto wrote: »
    Good thinking. So it's a carpenter I need?

I've sent u pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If your putting in a bench for a lathe you will need something fairly substantial with a bit of weight to it.

Indeed, the lathe weighs about 75kg when loaded and working

Advertisement