Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docklands 5k (Thurs June 28)

Options
  • 14-04-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭

Crusaders AC will host this fast, flat race again on Thursday June 28 this year. The race website, with all relevant info, is at www.docklands5k.com. Entry 20 euro + transaction fee. Team entries also available. Registration link here.

A rare chance to participate in a club-organised city centre race, with capacity this year for up to 2,000 runners. Any questions, ask away and we will do our best to answer.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Any questions please let us know.

44 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Great race, with all standards catered for. Fast and no hills to worry about. I cracked the sub-20 there last year. Highly recommend it if you can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Gonna run this I think; after over 100 parkruns my first non parkrun 5k will be this Sunday (Spar Streets of Dublin) and will aim to do my very first sub-20 at this one next month :) I assume non club runners are welcome?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Gonna run this I think; after over 100 parkruns my first non parkrun 5k will be this Sunday (Spar Streets of Dublin) and will aim to do my very first sub-20 at this one next month :) I assume non club runners are welcome?

Everyone is welcome, just sign up and you're in.

aquinn wrote: »
    Everyone is welcome, just sign up and you're in.

Signed up today, looking forward to it 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Question D - are there seperate team prizes for clubs and companies do you know?

I noticed last year the team prizes were dominated by clubs whereas its always been companies in prior years

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

The team prizes are intended for corporates (who could of course have club runners in them). There will be prizes for each of the first teams of 3 runners: all female, all male, all mixed (in any combination).  Clubs will have bragging rights and there are individual prizes for the top 6 of each gender across the line regardless of affiliation as well as age category winners. There's also a bonus for anyone breaking the male and female course records. Hope that clarifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

If anyone is interested, the course records are, respectively, 14:30 (John Coghlan) and 16:12 (Shona Heaslip). Both set last year. It's a fast course and PB potential for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Just over two weeks to go. Plenty of places available at www.docklands5k.com.

Any questions, ask away.

453238.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Alicano

Great race. Looking forward to it.:)

• Advertisement

Online entry closes next Monday, 9pm.

Numbers permitting, you'll still be able to enter in person - at Clayton Hotel, Cardiff Lane - during the week, but why wait? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Will there be pacers this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Sorry if silly question but Can you walk this as wouldn’t be able to run the full 5k

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Will there be pacers this year?

Yes, we will have pacers at 20, 25 and 30 mins.

capefear wrote: »
    Sorry if silly question but Can you walk this as wouldn’t be able to run the full 5k

Absolutely. There are usually plenty of runners in that category so you will be in good company!

capefear wrote: »
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Absolutely. There are usually plenty of runners in that category so you will be in good company!

Yes, more than welcome but so you are aware the roads will be fully reopened between 8:20 and 8:30. You will then have to move to the paths and observe normal traffic rules and signals.

Online registeraion closes tonight at 9pm.

https://events.athleticsireland.ie/ps/event/Docklands5K2018

Places permitting you can register as a walk-in until 17:00 on race day for €25.

Stay well hydrated this week with rising temperatures.

Water will be available at the finish but not on the course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Right, first 5k in a while. We shall see.

RACE DAY!

Register by walking in until 5pm.

Very warm today so plenty of water and fluids.

If in trouble on the course find a marshall, they should have water with them.

Good luck and enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

wrong thread!

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    wrong thread!

Ah Ray, not Meath bound again?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Ah Ray, not Meath bound again?

not racing at all this week - coaching this evening, family over tomorrow, pacing parkrun on Saturday...

RayCun wrote: »
    not racing at all this week - coaching this evening, family over tomorrow, pacing parkrun on Saturday...

A good group from your club signed up so thanks to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

It's going to be SO HOT!!!!!

(Looking forward to it)

HelenAnne wrote: »
    It's going to be SO HOT!!!!!

(Looking forward to it)

At least you'll be done in no time. We'll be stuck in the sun for hours.

Good luck and take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

At least you'll be done in no time. We'll be stuck in the sun for hours.

Good luck and take care.

At least you'll be standing still, enjoying a light breeze from the river :)

But really - thanks very much for marshalling / volunteering. It's always a great race. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Great race, as always. One of my favourites in the calendar. Thanks to the volunteers and all concerned.

Huzzah! wrote: »
    Great race, as always. One of my favourites in the calendar. Thanks to the volunteers and all concerned.

A pleasure, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Well done on a great race all. The start was managed very well.

But please, less praying to the gods for good weather!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the run, I had decided I'd go for my first sub-20 ever and just couldn't do it, kept with the 20 minute pacers for just over 3k and then couldn't stay with them, did 4.16 for each of the final two kms :( Very very disappointed in myself in the end, finished in 20:18.

That said, really liked the course and the organisation was great - will be back next year and hopefully will be 10 degrees cooler :D

Advertisement