Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Docklands 5k (Thurs June 28)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Very well organised event and very fast course. Went out a bit hard and suffered a bad fade but paced it wrong given my fitness condition and the heat.
    Have done it last 2 years will do it next. Thanks to volunteers. A few old faces left from my days at crusaders and loads of new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

First time running this, great event - well organised, well marshalled and some great shouts on the way around the course. That last stretch along the quays really was rough in the blazing sun but then it was nice to sit out in the sun afterwards.

Well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

My first ever 5k, 39 years old and wish I had done one sooner but never too late i guess!

Course was great and i was really appreciative of the shouts of encouragement- it very much gave me the push to keep going

Heat was something else but shouldn't be complaining.

Also the man in vest with slightly reddish hair, who seemed to be organising the under 30 minute balloon pacesetters - if you are reading this, thanks. You gave great information and advice at the start of the race. I had no idea what time I would get so was good to chat to you and follow for the first 2k. Was pleased I could then push on a bit more and not see you again, no offence! You gave me a great start and feel to the race - really nice how so many people volunteer their time and give so much encouragement to make the race a great one.

Think I might train for the next one mind. Sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

elbyrneo wrote:
    My first ever 5k, 39 years old and wish I had done one sooner but never too late i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jahaco

elbyrneo wrote: »

Course was great and i was really appreciative of the shouts of encouragement- it very much gave me the push to keep going

Heat was something else but shouldn't be complaining.

Also the man in vest with slightly reddish hair, who seemed to be organising the under 30 minute balloon pacesetters - if you are reading this, thanks. You gave great information and advice at the start of the race. I had no idea what time I would get so was good to chat to you and follow for the first 2k. Was pleased I could then push on a bit more and not see you again, no offence! You gave me a great start and feel to the race - really nice how so many people volunteer their time and give so much encouragement to make the race a great one.

Think I might train for the next one mind. Sore!
    That must have been Mr Marthastew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Alicano

Great race. Always enjoy it. Fair play and thanks to all involved. Where is the retractable roof when you need it? :D
    What happened to the Erdinger stand from two years back? Would have murdered one on the spot.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

ionapaul wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the run, I had decided I'd go for my first sub-20 ever and just couldn't do it, kept with the 20 minute pacers for just over 3k and then couldn't stay with them, did 4.16 for each of the final two kms :( Very very disappointed in myself in the end, finished in 20:18.

That said, really liked the course and the organisation was great - will be back next year and hopefully will be 10 degrees cooler :D

We did exactly the same time! I wonder were we racing each other to the finish line?

It was HOT wasn't it?

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Ha, yeah - going by our respective boards usernames I think I finished immediately after you, 1 second later :)

Am feeling a little better about the race a few days later, other people have suggested to me that the heat would definitely have impacted me and I would have had a better shot at sub-20 had it been a typical Irish summer evening... and I'm choosing to believe them :D

Advertisement