Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22lrs

• 14-04-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just a wee question looking to get a 22lr for a bit of vermin hunting. Just looking for a good accurate .22lr i do like shooting out to 100yards when I can! I’ve seen cz 455’s but their are a few different versions! Looking to spend about 600.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Whichever one you choose you wont go wrong with a cz. Should have plenty left over for a decent scope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

aaakev wrote: »
    Whichever one you choose you wont go wrong with a cz. Should have plenty left over for a decent scope.

Cheers for that
    I am thinking of pairing it with a vortex scope should be good!
    Just a question I’ve seen anschutz .22lr what are the differences between them and cz if any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Cheers for that
    Just a question I’ve seen anschutz .22lr what are the differences between them and cz if any?

To use a car analogy; a CZ is a well kitted out Ford Mondeo that works very well and very reliably and does exactly what you want it to do. An Anschutz is all that but does it like a very nice Mercedes S-class and you will pay accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Cheers for that

A friend has a 1710 and I have 455 and we often compete and things are fairly even. The wood is nicer on the 1710 and the magazines are metal not plastic. The Annie is prettier and feels more solid and well engineered. Accuracy wise there is not much in it in my opinion. Price 675 for one and 1900 for the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

rsole1 wrote: »
    A friend has a 1710 and I have 455 and we often compete and things are fairly even. The wood is nicer on the 1710 and the magazines are metal not plastic. The Annie is prettier and feels more solid and well engineered. Accuracy wise there is not much in it in my opinion. Price 675 for one and 1900 for the other

Ah cheers lads

Was thinking of putting a custom stock on the CZ! To pimp it out a wee bit! Looks like the cz is for me then. Any particular subs that shoot well on the 452? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I’ve tried a lot of different brands but the best subs in mine seem to be the CCI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Each rifle is individual so buy a box each of what is available locally and try them all. My CZ varmint doesn't like CCI and won't extract live rounds, the best for me were Federal Target but hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Go buy an older cz452. And spend the 400 euro left over on agood scope

Advertisement