Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct - false size label on golf shoes

Options
  • 15-04-2018 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, i bought a pair of size 13 Dunlop golf shoes from Sports Direct online back in early Jan .... they were a little tight so i sent them back in early March requesting a size 14 instead which they sell on their site. Shortly afterwards i receive back the size 13 shoes with a note saying " We are unable to accept the return of your item, any unwanted goods need to be returned within 28 days of receipt" !!...... so my fault for not returning them sooner, but i was'nt looking for a refund, just simply a size bigger ........ so 2 weeks ago i placed an order for size 14 Dunlop golf shoes from Sports Direct and they arrived on thursday and i briefly tried them on and thought , hhhmm they feel a little tight .... after a further investigation the size tag under the tongue has a false size label covering the original tag. .... see attached pic. They sent me a size 13 shoe, with a size 14 tag stuck over the original tag ......see attached pic. Any advice on what the best plan of action to take from here ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just send them back IMMEDIATELY for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hi, i bought a pair of size 13 Dunlop golf shoes from Sports Direct online back in early Jan ....

How do you mean? You need advice on sending them back? Would imagine its as straightforward as the first time you returned them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

they were correct in refusing a change of mind exchange as per their email, withy the information they had.

But now the situation has changed, with your evidence of sizing mistake. document, open a complaint and explain the goods were not as advertised, and it is NOT a change of mind.

PS sports direct are not too bad IMO. I'd hit them up on twitter if i were you.
    https://twitter.com/sportsdirect_cs?lang=en

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Potentially nothing fake here, wrong label put on and small rework order to overlay the correct size, perfectly legitimate.
    Sizes vary between brands and also within brands, I've some Nike 9.5 that fit me perfect and another Nike 10.5 that fits me perfect.

All could be well above board here.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

from looking at the pictures, i would assume it is a 14, and was wrongly labeled a 13. So they 'fixed' the label to correct the mistake.

Sports direct isn't a one-man outfit, where he's trying to sell any old stuff in any way he can. It's not a chap at a market stall. I'd imagine that sticker was made and applied in the factory itself where it was produced.

Advertisement