Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds recommendations please

Options
  • 15-04-2018 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi.
    Looking for some advice on blinds.

Coming to the end of house renovation... now looking at the nice things! At last.

I’ve checked all the local blinds companies and I can’t believe how much blinds are!i got ones before from a lady who was on the road(Lorna Sharkey) but I don’t think she sells blinds anymore

Thinking possibly going the cheaper route and getting blinds from homebase/Harry Corry.

Anyone use these before? Are they any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

MC Blind in Castleblayney are excellent and good value. They manufacture and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Pink16 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Looking for some advice on blinds.

I got new blinds last year. Priced them with several local suppliers and found very little difference pricewise between them. Went with an online supplier in the end. It wasn't really any cheaper but they had a much wider range to choose from.

Harry Corry etc are fine if they supply your particular size but they'll rarely have every size you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭tigger1962

we got ours from http://247blinds.ie delivered to our door... we bought the "wood effect" venetian blinds just measured the windows as per their instructions. placed the order and they arrived a week later by courier. we had a strange box window and as stated earlier the cost for custom blinds was prohibitive. So far we have been very happy with the results and others who have seen them were very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭californiabear

We got blinds from Brady Blinds and were very happy with the service. They don’t have a showroom/shop anymore, they’ll come to see you with samples/to measure if you call them

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Kearney's in Ardee. Super job and dealing with the owner himself so no messing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

http://wildesblinds.com/

We always get our blinds from Keith Wilde, he comes to your house with all his samples and will measure and quote for free with no obligation to buy. We are on our 3rd house and have found Keith great each time.

Like a previous poster above, 247Blinds.ie was my choice, as they had a blind that no one else seemed to be supplying (vertical blind, but in a large size).

I've had a few issues with the blind since getting it, but so far they keep on fixing things and sending replacements, so there's a lot to be said for good customer service.

I'd use them again. Their pricing was excellent, too, in my opinion (mind you, i bought in january, so they had a sale on).

Advertisement