Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile number disconnected left my elderly parents vunerable all weekend-desperate

Options
  • 15-04-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I am really desperate. On Friday 13th my mobile number was disconnected from the EIR network. I did not request or ask for this and can only presume it was done in error. I rang EIR as soon as I discovered as this is the mobile that is linked to my parents HSE personal alarms in case of a fall etc. They are in their late eighties and live alone and I am the child living nearest them. The agent told me to go to the nearest EIR store and purchase a new SIM and then call back to get it ported over. I did all this but the next agent I got said it would take 24 to 48 hours. I explained just how serious the case is and begged for it to be escalated. The staff in the EIR store in Athy were lovely and emailed for me as well but it is now Sunday and still the number is disconnected. Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Contact whoever monitors your parents personal alarm with new details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Palimpsest wrote: »
    I am really desperate. On Friday 13th my mobile number was disconnected from the EIR network. I did not request or ask for this and can only presume it was done in error. I rang EIR as soon as I discovered as this is the mobile that is linked to my parents HSE personal alarms in case of a fall etc. They are in their late eighties and live alone and I am the child living nearest them. The agent told me to go to the nearest EIR store and purchase a new SIM and then call back to get it ported over. I did all this but the next agent I got said it would take 24 to 48 hours. I explained just how serious the case is and begged for it to be escalated. The staff in the EIR store in Athy were lovely and emailed for me as well but it is now Sunday and still the number is disconnected. Has anyone any suggestions?
    Hi Palimpsest, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

The porting can take 24-48 hours however this would be working hours so it would not have been done over the weekend. 

Unfortunately, this can't be escalated. If it has not gone through for you by tomorrow I'd advise contacting our customer care team on 1901, they'll be able to assist you there. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused, I understand your frustrations.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Palimpsest

Hi Palimpsest, 

The porting can take 24-48 hours however this would be working hours so it would not have been done over the weekend. 

Unfortunately, this can't be escalated. If it has not gone through for you by tomorrow I'd advise contacting our customer care team on 1901, they'll be able to assist you there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    It is now 24th April and EIR has still not resolved this. I have rung every day and every day I am told that it has been escalated and will take 24 hours the original number is still disconnected. What is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Palimpsest, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    It is now 24th April and EIR has still not resolved this. I have rung every day and every day I am told that it has been escalated and will take 24 hours the original number is still disconnected. What is going on?
    I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. 

Feel free to PM me the account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement