Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Airtech inertia sensor with HKC

Options
  • 15-04-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Recently changed the colour on the door and requested to change the colour of the alarm sensor from brown to white!

Seemed straight forward but not sure if I have the wiring right as have a strange issue after replacing. Bascially the new sensor and contact seems OK but when I set the alarm for night-time use (i.e. we are in the house) the beam in the hall now activates the alarm which used to never happen!

Not sure if that beam is somehow linked to the sensor on the front door and maybe I've wired up wrong so looking for some advice on wiring change from Airtech to HKC.

Attached are 2 photos showing the old wiring and the new wiring.

The tamper are the 2 yellow wired in the middle so they are good. On the HKC the terminals are marked as 'Feed/Spare' on the 2 outside and then 'Sensor' on the next terminal with the 2 middle terminals being the tamper.

The inertia sensor was (and is for the new one) wired to a contact separately.

Any advice appreciated on what could be going on....

Old Sensor :
    sQ7J1Z.jpg

New one :

xVeyFi.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

Just coming back on this and answering my own question!

I dont think it was anything to do with the wiring just me messing up!!! Last week I was checking the settings of the zone attributes and I must have accidentally changed the PIR attributes as it no longer had the PG setting.....certainly didnt mean to do that but goes to show be careful if playing around with the menu systems :-)

Advertisement