Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term tenant worries

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

endacl wrote: »
    It's not really. Those rights apply to all. If I went down to apply for assistance, I'd be laughed out of the office. And rightly so. But I wouldn't have been denied any right to which I am entitled - the right to apply. Which is an administrative right. The only payment I'll be entitled to is the state pension, which will be means tested down to zero. Am I being denied a right there too?

Why would you be laughed out of the office? Are you very obviously unqualified? If so, surely you should not be entitled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Inheritance tax should be 100% above say 300k.

Too many idlers.

So you're say anything over 300k somebody inherits from say a family member who worked all their lives to have should be taken off them? to go into a pot to be wasted.

You are deluded!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ginger83 wrote: »
    So you're say anything over 300k somebody inherits from say a family member who worked all their lives to have should be taken off them? to go into a pot to be wasted.

You are deluded!
    It won't be wasted. It will be "invested" in our social welfare system keeping long term unemployed wasters with the brood of 6 kids comfortable until those kids can fend for themselves in the social welfare system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The tenant landlord relationship so far has been perfect and yet we have a huge thread over a conflict that hasn’t even happened and might be two years away if it does happen

kbannon wrote: »
    It won't be wasted. It will be "invested" in our social welfare system keeping long term unemployed wasters with the brood of 6 kids comfortable until those kids can fend for themselves in the social welfare system.

In other words....wasted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Ginger83 wrote: »
    In other words....wasted.

You might want to check the batteries in your sarcasm detector. When I read kbannon’s post mine went off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OP - is it an option to sell to the council?

Given the circumstances you've outlined and the current regime I'd say it is likely to be several costly years before you can get vacant possession in order to sell.

I'd also echo the advice about getting a solicitor to do this right first time.

In one of the biggest ironies possible- the normal modus operandi for local authorities is to demand vacant possession of property- before they will consider purchasing it.

You might want to check the batteries in your sarcasm detector. When I read kbannon’s post mine went off

Recharged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Ginger83 wrote:
    Recharged

Took you 2 weeks ??

Took you 2 weeks ??

hols ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement