Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

482 Visa - Experiences

Options
  • 15-04-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Given that the 482 Visa is fairly new, just opening up a thread for other people to share experiences about the Visa. There's a lot of unknowns in relation to the visa and its early days yet. So if anybody has an inside line that would be great. 

About myself, i'm currently working in a relatively small in size IT Consultancy on a 417, and will probably have to approach the conversation with my employer fairly soon. I do have a very niche skillset, which can work both ways. Any advice on people who got sponsored on their 457 would be appreciated also. 

I'm enjoying Australia at the moment, and yes can extend my WHV but would love to secure a little more certainty in relation to my time here. I could go for the skilled permanent Visa (189) but i'm unsure as to whether or not i'd like to stay here long term.

Advertisement