Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatons Closing?

Options
  • 15-04-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

I was in the Fairgreen today and I see Heatons are having a closing down sale, it's the first I have heard of it. Any ideas why? That will be a fair loss to the centre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I was in the Fairgreen today and I see Heatons are having a closing down sale, it's the first I have heard of it. Any ideas why? That will be a fair loss to the centre.

All Heatons stores are being rebranded as SportsWorld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Had a look around yesterday. So many shelves (with the nicest clothes) had signs that said "this shelf not included in sale" (or something like that). Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Sure that 20% off sale has been going for the past month or so. The front windows state "everything must go". It will take them weeks to sell. If they upped the % off then it would be worthwhile for everyone but at the moment it's not. Add the fact that a lot of the products are not included in the sale, what's the point. Pity indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They're all being re-branded. Some English crowd bought them out a few years ago and are jettonising the Heatons name, renaming the shops either USC or SportsWorld and reflecting where the market has gone- for "designer" labels.. I believe Carlow will be a USC and Sports World store.
    Penneys are doing what Heatons used do but far better and cheaper really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no value in the clear out for anything even with the extra 20% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chickennuget

Was speaking to my friend who works there. Two years ago sports direct bought Heations and just never did anything about rebranding until now.

Shop will still have homeware etc but it will be run like T.K maxx but more afforadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bodmar

Heatons Charlestown Finglas closing down sale now today

What do people think of USC? A lot of stock in there indeed, some nice clothes and brands. Not sure how it's doing though- a lot of pricey brands on a relentless drive down market. When the likes of Calvin Klein or Lacoste were exclusive I can see where the added value was...now they've all gone mass-market I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

road_high wrote: »
    What do people think of USC? A lot of stock in there indeed, some nice clothes and brands. Not sure how it's doing though- a lot of pricey brands on a relentless drive down market. When the likes of Calvin Klein or Lacoste were exclusive I can see where the added value was...now they've all gone mass-market I'm not so sure.

Almost never bought anything in Heatons, bought 4 or 5 things since USC opened. Absolutely love the discount stuff upstairs, got a pair of Under Armour trainers for €26!!

• Advertisement

Almost never bought anything in Heatons, bought 4 or 5 things since USC opened. Absolutely love the discount stuff upstairs, got a pair of Under Armour trainers for €26!!

Must try upstairs so. Bit like a cheaper TK Maxx. Yes Heatons was crap in the wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

road_high wrote: »
    Must try upstairs so. Bit like a cheaper TK Maxx. Yes Heatons was crap in the wind up.

It's like TK Maxx without the rails packed up beyond belief.

Advertisement