Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with wetsuit issue

Options
  • 15-04-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just looking for info got my first wetsuit for my first ever tri and it's a orca thermo trn off wiggle and it fits what I taught to be perfect 1st sea swim today and after about 3 mins in I could feel water coming in the back. Now not much but enough that if I had a Tri suit on underneath it wudny have been a comfortable cycle after.

Went for a size 10 off size chart. As weight within chart size and chest As well

Is this normal to have a little water in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Starsmurf wrote: »
    Just looking for info got my first wetsuit for my first ever tri and it's a orca thermo trn off wiggle and it fits what I taught to be perfect 1st sea swim today and after about 3 mins in I could feel water coming in the back. Now not much but enough that if I had a Tri suit on underneath it wudny have been a comfortable cycle after.

Went for a size 10 off size chart. As weight within chart size and chest As well

A wetsuit lets water in.
    It's normal.
    As long as it is snug and tight it doesn't matter that water gets in.
    The easiest way to remember the difference between a wetsuit and a dry suit is to keep in mind that wetsuits let water in and are used in warmer water temperatures, while drysuits feature seals and heavier insulating materials to keep the wearer dry in cold water conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

Starsmurf wrote: »

Yes normal for wetsuit to allow water in. Your body will heat the water close to your skin and you'll heat up fairly quickly through exertion. Your try suit beneath will inevitably be wet, but you'll be glad of it and its cooling effect on the bike especially if its a warm day. To be honest you'll hardly notice it on the bike after you've cycled a few hundred metres you'll be too busy competing.

Advertisement