Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann Naas service too full in the mornings?

Options
  • 15-04-2018 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I am considering moving to Naas but I have been warned about the Bus Eireann buses being too full from 7am-8am in the mornings to avail of the service.

I work in Dublin's city centre so I would be depending on the Bus Eireann service as the Sallins/Naas train station is not within walking distance of the house I hope to move into.

For those of you who live in Naas, have you ever experienced this problem?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Have yiu thought about the feeder bus from Naas to Sallins train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bkelly7

Grassey wrote: »
    Have yiu thought about the feeder bus from Naas to Sallins train station?

No I actually didn't know there was such a thing. Just googled it there but couldn't find any details on it.

Would you happen to have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bkelly7 wrote: »
    No I actually didn't know there was such a thing. Just googled it there but couldn't find any details on it.

Would you happen to have a link?

Irish Rail would prefer you don't know it (or the Celbridge bus) exists as it costs them money. Hence it is basically not googleable and requires entirely on local knowledge. Back in the early-mid 1990s when these started nearly everyone had cable TV and the Localink channels had the timetables on them but now its incredibly hard to find without digging

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

Entries in italics and light blue show the connecting bus times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Isn't there a new service starting soon from Naas to Dublin? Think it will be run by JJ Kavanagh.

martyoo wrote: »
    Isn't there a new service starting soon from Naas to Dublin? Think it will be run by JJ Kavanagh.

JJK have just started Naas to Blanchardstown, Route 139. Relatively slow route cross-country, not of any use to commuters to the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 bkelly7

Thanks for that, would never have known about it otherwise. Is it a free service?

bkelly7 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, would never have known about it otherwise. Is it a free service?

Assuming you mean the feeder - its free to ticket holders or those who intend to buy a train ticket so yes, basically, its free.

Going on the Celbridge one, they don't ever check for train tickets.

The JJK Nass-Blanch route that got mentioned after isn't free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

The last two times I waited for the feeder bus as scheduled from Naas (Post Office) to Sallins station it never showed up. I was 20 mins early so I definitely didn't miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

n97 mini wrote: »
    The last two times I waited for the feeder bus as scheduled from Naas (Post Office) to Sallins station it never showed up. I was 20 mins early so I definitely didn't miss it.

Did you contact IR?

Advertisement