Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the best route?

Options
  • 15-04-2018 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all, So I need to get to Landscape road, Newtown little, Dublin 14 tomorrow.I'll be getting the train into connelly station.

What would be the best option in terms of public transport? I've not been in dublin in years..

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all, So I need to get to Landscape road, Newtown little, Dublin 14 tomorrow.I'll be getting the train into connelly station.

What would be the best option in terms of public transport? I've not been in dublin in years..

Thanks.

Try hittheroad.ie or the NTA route planner. The former is showing the #14 bus from Amiens St as a direct option but check it out yourself for maps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Previous poster is correct.

Landscape road is in Churchtown and the 14 will get you there.

It's after Braemore park.

14 stop is outside Connolly you will see the stop just past the taxi rank and go in the direction of the Liffey so stay on Connolly side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thanks very much to both of ye. I've to be there at 10am. I'll check times on the way up tomorrow morning.

job seeker wrote: »
    Thanks very much to both of ye. I've to be there at 10am. I'll check times on the way up tomorrow morning.

Bus are every 15 minutes at peak and 20 and less frequent later on.

Bus are every 15 minutes at peak and 20 and less frequent later on.

I'll be in connelly station at 8:47 this morning.

You said earlier that the bus will take me straight to there. Are there many stops prior to mine? The time table doesn't give info on stops/place names..

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/14-2/

Also, you say for me to stay on the Connelly side and head towards the liffy? Not sure what you mean. No harm though

• Advertisement

As in don't cross the road as the 14 would be going the wrong way.

Bus announcement at each stop is just before you get to each stop so watch the display and listen.

You will go through rathmines, rathgar, Orwell road/park, Braemore park you will see mount Carmel hospital on your right and you will then go onto Braemore road where your destination will be.

Use your phone and wifi on the bus if needed to show you map.

As in don't cross the road as the 14 would be going the wrong way.

Bus announcement at each stop is just before you get to each stop so watch the display and listen.

You will go through rathmines, rathgar, Orwell road/park, Braemore park you will see mount Carmel hospital on your right and you will then go onto Braemore road where your destination will be.

Use your phone and wifi on the bus if needed to show you map.

I never knew any of that. It was all new to me. It was my second time in dublin and the first time I was about 10 years old. But thanks very much to everyone for the help. It was extremely beneficial. It's very much appreciated. I got to my work meeting in the end. I arrived at 9:50. So it was perfect timing. Everything else fell into place. The maps was a good shout. I used them in the end. Thanks again, very much appreciated..

Advertisement