Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

‪Mourinho’s right wing, fascist-like style of demanding that his players sweat blood

• 15-04-2018 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

... for him without question is not compatible with this liberal generation of players. ‬

Are Mourinho’s methods and ideas out of sync with this generation of players?

Will we ever see a Mourinho side of the ilk of his Chelsea 2005 or Inter 2010 teams again or are those days consigned to history?

I think he is still a good manager in many respects but I think he’s lost the edge that once made him great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

That title...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Econ_ wrote: »
    ... for him without question is not compatible with this liberal generation of players. ‬

Are Mourinho’s methods and ideas out of sync with this generation of players?

Will we ever see a Mourinho side of the ilk of his Chelsea 2005 or Inter 2010 teams again or are those days consigned to history?

I think he is still a good manager in many respects but I think he’s lost the edge that once made him great.

Not unless he invades Poland.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

There are a few things that earned Mourinho a reputation as one of the finest managers in world football. 

The first, and arguably most important, was charisma. Zlatan, during their time together at Inter Milan, described someone as someone he "was basically willing to die for". Mourinho's ability to inspire his players to go beyond their personal limits was a huge reason for his success. Most notably, the 2010 semi final vs Barcelona. Mourinho was able to sell his players a dream and they always bought it. At Porto, he turned a club which operated on a minute budget in comparison to European giants into not only the most successful team in Portugal, but also in Europe. 

However, that has changed. Mourinho has turned slightly sour over the years. He basically creates a siege mentality everywhere he goes and that will inevitably wear an individual down. He has lost a lot of his magical charisma. His players are no longer completely in love with him. The meltdowns in Madrid, Chelsea and potentially United are all evidence of this. He's become old and is not entirely what he once was.

That being said, he's still got some excellent strengths. Defensively, his teams are so well coached. His home record is always impeccable. He generally makes great signings and he actually has a plan encompassing every aspect of his team which is needed to win the league and potentially the CL. 

I've always liked Mourinho, despite his faults. He's got balls, unlike Wenger and other managers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

These threads are beyond sad
    Didnt he win 2+ trophies last season and then progressed to runners up in the league as well as being in the semis of the fa cup
    Like seriously how stupid are ye

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Econ_ wrote: »
    left-wing communist generation you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I came in here to see if I could not get a yellow card..... say nothing gim say nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bbc wba lol
    field of dreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Econ_

irishman86 wrote: »
    These threads are beyond sad
    Didnt he win 2+ trophies last season and then progressed to runners up in the league as well as being in the semis of the fa cup
    Like seriously how stupid are ye

Well I'm not stupid enough to try to pass off the Community Shield as a trophy win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Reactionary Hyperbolic thread is hyperbolic.
    Perhaps on seasons end a topic like this may be discussed without such rhetoric.
    Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement